cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of integration with BI Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in the process of upgrading from BODS 3.2 to DS 4.2.

We also have plans to upgrade BI Platform from 3.2 to 4.1.

As far as the DS installation is concerned, we can manage without BI Platform as IPS has been provided.

We would like to know what are the advantages of keeping BI Platform and DS integrated with each other.

Also, what could be the disadvantages of keeping them separate.

Apart from this, I have a question regarding relation of CMS with DS Job schedules.

I was trying to understand what would happen to schedules which get created in DS Admin Console in DS 4.2.

If a person choses Data Services scheduler, we know it creates a batch file, and a corresponding AT schedule gets created in Task Scheduler on Windows scheduler.

What would happen to these schedules if CMC/CMS (BI platform) would be down (assuming we have only one BI platform, instead of DS with IPS) ?

Would the schedules keep triggering OR not trigger at all?

Thanks,

Bhupendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am posting a partial answer, this is to the best of my knowledge,

All BO give to DS is providing security + a little more.

Which user gets access to what repository,

Creating repositories

Linking Job Server to Repository etc,

You will have one place where you can manage everything.

if you want to keep it separate, i don't think there is a major disadvantage other than the fact that you have two different authentications and you are maintaining two different systems. if you have a developer who also does both BO and BODS then you create logins in both the systems and things like this. I don't see any major limitations.