cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA: Differences in functionality concering side by side and ERP on HANA scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There are two ways to use HANA - on the one hand, I could use it as a main database (ERP on HANA) or, on the other hand, I use it as a secondary database next to a non-HANA database (side by side or "sidecar" solution) for selected matters.

Where are the limitations if I use the side by side solution only? Are there functionalities which I can not use in comparison to the ERP on HANA solution? Or offer both solutions the same functionality but only the way to use HANA is different?

Do you have any clue or any links concerning documentation - till now I wasn't able to find some..

Sincerely Yours

Zapp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zapp,

You can check the below thread for limitations in SideCar Scenario:

In addition to these, you will not be able to use ABAP Proxies, ABAP managed database procedures and many other new functionalities that are being added to ECC on HANA.

If you use HANA as a sidecar, you would use it to accelerate only few transactions while with ECC on HANA, many standard transactions have been optimized to use the power of hana

Additionally, you can register for free Suite on HANA course at openSAP and learn more about it:

Course: SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

have many thanks for your informations, very helpful!

Sincerely yours

Zapp

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Zapp,

If your query is resolved then you can close this thread

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,