Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF not opening in IE* from SAP portal 7.0 sp19

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having an issue to view PDF from portal application through IE8, IE9 IE10 and IE11.

Our current portal version is 7.0 and SP19.

When i try to view PDF it will display the blank page and never show up as PDF display.

It is a smart form converted to PDF version and we are viewing in portal. SAP version ECC 6.0

Please advice on the same

Thanks

Rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rag,

What I need to know is are you using any container within the view to display the PDF or are you directly displaying the PDF in the Browser??

ranjit_rao
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rag,

In your portal Application, are you using any PDF Display Container?

If not, then you may try Interractive form UI Element. Here you can upload the PDF you want to display.

Hope it helps.

Reply back in case this doesn't help

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Using "LinkedToAction" element to get the PDF.

This action calls the RFC( RFC will call smartform and covert to PDF format) and that will display on webbroser(portal).

Thx

Rag

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rag

Are you using the Windows 7 64 bit OS with IE 11?

Regards

Sriram

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean that the browser simply shows a blank page? Does IE open other PDFs normally? Can you right click on the link of the PDF and save it to your desktop?

Have you tried other browsers like Firefox? Did you take a look at the network traffic between browser and server? The browser tries to load something? Is an error message shown (40x, 50x) in the traffic trace?

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is showing blank page with URL. I tried to use URL in different browsers like crome & fireforx but nothing displayed there as well.

IE blank page URL if i replaced last digit of URl then press enter it will display the PDF ( i dont know what is going on between).

Thanks

Rag

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

" if i replaced last digit of URl then press enter it will display the PDF"

Can you show an example of the URL?

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

<protocol>://<fqdn>/<sessionID>$$/webdynpro/dispatcher/<path>/clkct~file_pay/FilePayApp/~wd_key7_139...

If i replaced with last digit 4 with 5 or 6 then press enter it will display the PDF.

Message was edited by: Anja Engelhardt - Be careful by providing addresses of the portal. Can be hacked.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The last parameter is send by Portal to inform the WD application of the used portal theme. This parameter should not be needed to display a PDF. What happens when you configure the WD iView to not send the portal theme information?

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rag,

Hope you are doing good.

When you open a PDF from the portal, the ADS functionality is used. Is ADS configured correctly and is it working fine? is the report FP_TEST_00 and other working fine on the backend?
All the details are available in the ADS config guide: note 894009 - Adobe Document Services: Configuration

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried with browser compatibility but getting same issue. PFD form not displaying it on browser.

It was giving blank page when i try to view PDF from portal.

It is not a adobe form.  It is Smartform converted into PDF (using OTF functionality).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Rag

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rag

I hope you are keeping well.

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned that you encounter this problem scenario with the web browser platforms of IE8, IE9, IE10 and IE11.

With these browser platforms through which you are encountering the scenario is compatibility mode currently enabled?

Have you reviewed the SAP PAM to ensure the browsers and your current system information hold full supportability and compatibility?

On the PAM Search "Technical Release Information" and "Web Browser Platforms".

http://service.sap.com/pam

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy