cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Processing framework - impact on performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a general question on PPF. If you could point me on the existing SDN documentation to address it, that'd be great.

I'd like to know if the fact that CRM actions are being left as "not started" in the PPF could eventually impact performance. For example, I have a business process that creates multiple actions within its individual lifecycle, but their current configuration is making it such that they are not always "completed". So, in essence, I may have plenty of actions "piling up" in the PPF, in status "Not processed". I was told that the PPF was reevaluating the need to trigger the start conditions every time, and it may affect performance.

I was wondering where I could find a document to help me understand the "do's and dont's" on CRM actions, to validate my assumptions.

But still, if you have the answer on this, that'd be great. Is leaving all of these actions in a "not processed" state impacting performance on the long run? Should I be cleaning them up at some point if I know that its originating business process has been completed? Or should I change the schedule condition to wipe it if the process has been completed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

SAP Note  896858 - FAQ: SPPFP - Report RSPPFPROCESS contains some information regarding the PPF performance.

If you create many actions and evaluate all of them with each execution of SPPFP the runtime will increase over time. However, there are a number of things you can do:

1. You can use the creation date to limit the number of selected actions for each run of SPPFP.
  2. If you want to reprocess even very old actions after some time you could schedule one run of SPPFP e.g. once a week with a wider selection range.
  3. You could regularly delete old actions.

Best,

Christian

former_member186543
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

Yes that's right , in case you are using processing using selection report then this is really a matter of performance.

For this SAP has provided an option of using the field OPTIMIZATION RULE while scheduling jobs through report RSPPFPROCESS.

This fields picks up only those actions which are relevant as per that date. Please go through the note :

653159 - Using optimization rules in the PPF

/Hasan