cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SNC Between SAP GUI and SAP ABAP AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have configured SNC at Server level in SAP ABAP Application Server. System is up and running and we are able to connect from SAP GUI by activating SNC Option in GUI Logon. To activate SNC in SAP GUI front end we copied SAPSNCS.PSE file from server to front end PC and created credential file named cred_v2 using sapgenpse tool .

In our case there are other SAP ABAP Application server in which SNC is activated,for which same credential file needs to be created to access the same from SAP GUI. By doing this it will overwrite the existing cred_v2 file in front end PC  and will not be able to login to ABAP server.

Need your views on these such type of configuration.What is the best way to configure SNC between SAP GUI and SAP ABAP Servers.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj

A dialog user uses a PIN to access his or her PSE at run-time, however because the application server cannot actively provide a PIN at run-time, it uses credentials that are stored in the file system. These credentials are stored in a file named cred_v2 in the SECUDIR directory on the application server. If multiple PSEs for various purposes are used, then all of the corresponding credentials are stored in the same file.

Use the following command to view the existing credentials:
           sapgenpse seclogin -l

This command shows a list of the available credentials for the current user. If no credentials appear, then either no credentials exist, or they exist for a different user.
If the credentials exist but you still have problems with them, check the credential entries carefully for misspellings or typing errors. The credentials are identified according to the Distinguished Name, therefore, make sure this name is correct. Also make sure that the path provided to the PSE is correct. If the credentials are not correct, then delete them and create them again.

If you use the sapgenpse tool to create credentials, make sure you provide the correct user in the -O option to create them for the user that runs the application server.

Use the following sapgenpse command line to create credentials:
           sapgenpse seclogin -p . pse -x [PIN] -O

Note: The parameter -O is case-sensitive.

Example (Windows):
           sapgenpse seclogin -p .pse -x [PIN] -O []SAPService

You may get more information on

http://www.saptechies.org/faq-sap-cryptographic-library-error-analysis-app-server/

I hope this information will help you.

Regards,

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Thanks for your reply. Configuration done as far now as below:

SAP System(AS ABAP) 1: Created SAPSNCPS.PSE file in application level and created credential cred_v2 file. System up and running. Adjusted SECUDIR and SNC_LIB variable in frontend PC where gui isntalled. Copied SAPSNCPS.PSE  from server to front end PC as per SECUDIR variable and created cred_v2 with local user account. Activated SNC option in GUI and able to login to system.

SAP system 2(AS ABAP 2):Created SAPSNCPSSID.PSE file in application level and created credential cred_v2 file. System up and running. Adjusted SECUDIR and SNC_LIB variable in same  frontend PC as above where gui isntalled. Copied SAPSNCPSSID.PSE  from server to front end PC as per SECUDIR variable and created cred_v2 with local user account. It has overwritten above cred_v2 file Activated SNC option in GUI . Now I am not able to login to system.

In Front end PC:  If I do vice versa means creating credential in front end PC for SAP System2 first and then for SAP system1. Then I am able to login to SAP system 2 not 1.  Means I f I use same cred_v2 file for both PSE files then I am able to login to that system for which I created credential first.Any suggestions on this?

In Front end PC: sapgenpse seclgin -l shows credential for both system in front end PC.

Any workaround for this.

Regards,

Pankaj