Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt with Upgrade Portal 701 to 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Two years ago installed  SAP NW 701. And for this the BP ESS /MSS 1.41

Note: compatible XSS Java components are SAP ESS 603, SAP MSS 600, PCUI_GP 603 and EHP4 compatible Portal Business Packages (BP) are ESS/MSS version 1.41

For this project, Two years ago, we copied the roles delivered by SAP to roles custemer for ESS&MSS in the portal using Portal Content.

Now we need install a new system portal with version 7.3 for upgrade our system portal.

Questions:

What is the process for transport the objects(Roles Java For ESS &MSS already created in the portal 701) to portal target 7.31?

My question because to the restrictions found in the blog In the point 5:

• Manual content transport: Due to restrictions in the export mechanism of SAP NetWeaver 7.0, you cannot simply export, transport and import content and related properties or configurations into a fresh new system (e.g. some KM services). Check the transport information indocumentation for KM 7.0 and KM 7.3 for details on supported scenarios. SAP recommends running a thorough upgrade assessment with your consulting partner in order to make a profound decision.

In the new portal installl we will install The new re-compiled Java packages for NW 7.3 are called ESS 633, MSS 630, PCUI_GP 633.

My question:

I shoudl Create a copy of the role delivered for this package or exist a way for copy this content of SAP NW 701 to SAP NW 7.3?

What is the better practice  SAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

When you will upgrade your portal to 7.4, then all your objects will remain there after upgrade. No need to have another backup of these pcd contents. If you have some custom .par applications, then you will have to migrate them using par migration tool.
Please refer the blog:

It's very helpful and it has the answers to all of your queries.

Best Regards,
Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajendra.

we are creating an upgrade new(instalation new)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has recently released SAP KBA 2003419 to address this topic. Assuming you have not done any changes to the XSS WDJ components, you can export the PCD objects from the 7.01 portal and import them to the 7.4 portal. The business packages (PCD objects) haven't changed, only the XSS WDJ components have, to be compatible with NetWeaver 7.3 and higher. Notice however that what you are planning to do, isn't supported by SAP. See SAP note 1909625 for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear.

In this moment the client not want update to WDA.

We have modified the component of personal information. because my country not have services delivered by SAP.

The steps to follow are: Install the portal 7.4 and install the following package:

BP ESS 1.41

BP MSS 1.41

SAP_ESS 633

SAP PCUI_GP 633

SAP_MSS 630

Deploy apply XSS packages modificated.

Export content SAP NW 701 (folder ESS copied of the folder standars) to SAP NW 7.4?

Thanks

Regards

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could follow that approach. Setup a sandbox system (perform system copy on the existing NW701 system), upgrade and only then you will know if there are any issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I don't think PCD transport have any restriction.

Mahesh