Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST12 ABAP trace TYPE DB vs DB->

0 Kudos

Hi All,

A lot of times I have noticed that on my ST12 ABAP trace there are two types of DB calls. One represented as "DB" and other as "DB->".

Per my understanding:

"DB" represents database calls where data was picked from the db buffer

"DB->" represents database calls where a table was hit to get the required data.

Can anyone help explain the difference between the two? And correct me if my understanding is wrong. Also help share a list of Types and meaning of each.

Regards,

Anuj Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I think you are (nearly) right:

"DB"  represents an ABAP Open SQL statement where data was picked from the SAP table buffer (not: "db buffer")

"DB->" represents a statement where data was fetched from database. Clicking on the link opens the SQL summary of ST12 and shows all statements that were issued from the same code position.

The only other type I find is "Sys." which stands for system program, for example "Load Report".

Best Regards, Randolf

1 REPLY 1

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I think you are (nearly) right:

"DB"  represents an ABAP Open SQL statement where data was picked from the SAP table buffer (not: "db buffer")

"DB->" represents a statement where data was fetched from database. Clicking on the link opens the SQL summary of ST12 and shows all statements that were issued from the same code position.

The only other type I find is "Sys." which stands for system program, for example "Load Report".

Best Regards, Randolf