cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The migrated Crystal Report throws "The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect" error

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[ENVIRONMENT]

Product version - BI4.1 SP03

OS - Windows 2008 R2

CMS Database - Oracle 11g

Java Application Server - Tomcat7

[ISSUE]

Using the Upgrade Management Tool to completely migrate a BOXI3.1 SP3+FP3.6 to BI4.1 SP03.  The reporting database from both BOXI3.1 and BI4.1 are the same and so is the database logon credential.

When viewing and refresh a migrated Crystal Report, it throws "The viewer could not process an event. The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. [] ---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]" error in both BI Launchpad and "The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect" in scheduled job.

[STEPS TAKEN]

- Update the Database Configuration with the SAME Oracle database password in CMC and "The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect" issue goes away.

I search the SAP SMP and SCN forum and found no reference on this UMT and Crystal Report database logon problem.  Hope any of you have seen this problem and share if there is an ADAPT for it.

Thank you in advance,

Jin-Chong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest to restart the migration using first the Import Wizard to create a biar file containing those Crystal reports and all their dependencies.
Then, you have to use the UMT to import the content of this biar file.

Thanks & Regards,

Insaf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional info

The migrated Crystal Reports all have the encrypted database password shown in BI4.1 SP03 CMC.  See the screen shut above.

However, the migrated password does not work and it has to be reentered to get CR to work.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JinChong,

Do you also have the latest corresponding (to server) version of Crystal Reports Designer or Developer.  It'd be interesting to see if you open this report once in Designer, run there successfully and save it back to Enterprise.

By this, the version of the migrated report will also change to the latest.  Please update - how it works by then or if it helps.

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BI4.1 SP03 server and client and Crystal Report 2013 SP03 developer and Crystal Report for Enterprise 4.1 SP03 are all installed onto this Windows 2008 R2 server.

I am able to open the migrated report from CMS repository in Crystal Report 2013 SP03 developer and am able to refresh it with database logon password provided.  After save it back to the Enterprise, the database logon password field for this report in CMC becomes empty so that I have to enter the database password and choose "Use same database logon as when report is run" when viewing and scheduling report.

What is interesting to me is that the UMT seems to migrate the report along the database logon password because I can see the encrypted password in the report database logon property in CMC.  The workaround is to reenter the database logon password in the report database logon property in CMC.

With this said, there are hundreds of the Crystal reports and the workaround would consume lots of manual work by update each report's database logon password in CMC.

For other customers who have more crystal reports, I wonder if there is an automated way to update the crystal report's database logon password on BI4.1 or if this is an isolated incident on my new BI4.1 SP03 environment.

I run UMT in command line to perform livetolive migration, and my steps are listed below

cd "E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\apps\upgradeManagementTool\jars\"

"E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx56g -Djava.library.path="..\..\..\..\win64_x64" -jar upgrademanagementtool.jar -internal_use_only_noversioncheck -responsefile LIVETOLIVEResponseFile.txt

LIVETOLIVEResponseFile.txt:

mode=livetolive

source=edhc01nwapp65:6400

sourceusername=Administrator

sourcepassword=xxxxxxxxxx

destination=WAPP246N:6400

destinationusername=Administrator

destinationpassword=xxxxxxxxxx

logfile=E:\temp\livetolive.csv

configparam:base_url=https://boprod.bsc.bscal.com/dswsbobje

locale=en_US

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to update passwords of several Crystal reports then you can try the below alternative however there are some limitations.

a. Login to the Central Management Console web application.

b. Navigate to the folder containing the reports you wish to modify.

c. Select the desired reports.

d. Right-click on any one of the selected reports and select 'Database Configuration'

e. Edit the username and password

f. Click the "Save" or "Save & Close" button

Regards,

Nachiket

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping we do not need to do password update for hundreds of crystal report migrated into BI4.1 SP03 using UMT.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I currently don't have a BI4.1 system - what I might have done is, I would have used other BI4.1 environment - say Sandbox - to see if I see the same situation there -  whether the issue is with this Installation in specific.

Until we find a cause or a "reason why" - I see your concern as to why you need an automated way to get the logon info updated. But I would also keep this tool in my cart and use if need be when I need to mass update the Crystal Reports database logon info.  I will use this, so the users don't keep complaining  about reports issue that we already know.

Tool - Schedule Manager.

You can use this tool to update the logon information for a particular Crystal Report document, as well as looking for other Crystal Report documents that use the same database and update them in batch.

Use of this tool is though intended and supported for XI3.0 environment, but people have used it in BI4.0 as well, successfully.  We can check if this works on BI4.1.

Thank you,  Rahul