cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connection for SAP CRM - Package download returns 404 not found

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just installed the SP01 version of the SAP CRM Desktop connection on a EHP3 SPS3 CRM system.  The CRMGWS component is on SP03.  I have activated the odata service and seen the system connect in via SAML to my backend CRM system.  During the first run assistant I can't get an 404 not found error.  I have uploaded the packages to my backend CRM system and assigned the default profile to my userid.

How do I verify/troubleshoot the package download from the CRM system?

Thank you,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is that I needed to delete and reactivate the service on the gateway side of the configuration after the SP03 of the CRMGWS gateway component is installed.  It then eliminated the 404 error and now I have 403 error due to missing authorizations, which only should require a simple role fix.  It took a while to troubleshoot this, but I learned a lot more on how the gateway model/data provider classes are invoked .

Take care,

Stephen

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To further add, you can trouble shoot this by reviewing the Gateway Service Log which is transaction

/IWFND/ERROR_LOG

Now in order to see/recreate your issue (which was a service operation and not entitry call).  You need to set the logging settings from "secure" to "Full".  In the error log transaction use the menu option Goto->Trace Configuration.

Once I get this all running I will have to write a document on what I learned.

Take care,

Stephen

markus_karsch5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

did you also need to choose /CRMGWS/CP_INFO_XML_V2 as transformation during upload of customization package CRMGWCUS01_0-20011654.zip for Desktop Connection SP01? I'm also in the setup of Desktop Connection, but have problems during first synchronisation (opened another discussion for this).

Regards

Markus

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I had to choose V2, but there is also a time stamp issue with one of my entries, so I had to go into each config table instead of the IMG viewcluster to setup the package assignment.  I saw your other discussion, and I'm wating for security in order to get to that point .

Take care,

Stephen