cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.2 Cannot import the metadata table, RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN syntax error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, we installed BODS 4.2 server to substitute a 4.1, but we are facing the error:

Error: Cannot import the metadata table <name=T001>

RFC CallReceive error <Function /BODS/RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN: RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE -(Exception Key: Syntax error in program /BODS/SAPLBODS....

We already tried the solution for when people get the error related to unicode.

Also, we are able to pull data via extractors, it only fails when loading Tables....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies, but the problem was related to the SAP Transports, we downgraded to DS 4.1 and the readme.txt on the transports folder is a little different for SAP NW 6.0 it reads:

“SAP NetWeaver 6.0 and later, SAP functions for Data Services are included in three SAP components: PI_BASIS, SAP_APPL and SAP_BW.  If your system does not contain these functions or you plan to upgrade SAP systems, see SAP Note 1919255 for information about Data Services transport functions.”

SAP note 1919255 sends you to SAP note 1916294 which states that DS Function (/BODS) may have issues  and that updated transport files need to be installed int the ECC for a short term solution.

So, in the end, SAP note 1916294 solved our problems.

Thanks!

abhi2636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I am facing the same issue with DS 4.2 transports. I am unable get SAP note 1916294. It showing Document is not released.

Can you please share the new transports with me if possible. I am clueless with this issue. My email id is: amula.abhi@gamil.com

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi,

I had the same issue when we upgraded our BW from 7.1 to 7.3.

I opened an OSS asking for that file in those mentioned notes.

SAP replied very quickly and provided the access to that file.

Just open the the OSS.....and you'll get to it

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the response, but unfortunately that is not the problem.

We have ECC 6.0 Ehp 4, so, readme.txt says no transport is needed.

We anyways tried to import, but of course the transports failed as they are for 4.7

Also, we are able to bring data from standard extractors, but not from tables.

Also, we still have our 4.1 servers up and these have no problems at all, I assume 4.1 and 4.2 use pretty much the same functions right?

From the error message, it sounds to me that BODS is passing the code to RFC_ABAP_INSTALL_AND_RUN function and when this tries to execute/compile it fails because of a syntax error.

I suspect the problem is on BODS, but the problem is we don't know where. We already tried changing the codepage on BODS assuming this could be the problem, to no avail...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please refer this below link. I think its problem with authorization to ETL account.

I hope the below links will help you out

Regards,

Akhileshkiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You will have to import the new ABAP Function Group "BODS/BODS".

Here are some details:

Installing Functions on the SAP Server
SAP BusinessObjects Data Services provides functions that support the use of the ABAP, BAPI, and
IDoc interfaces on SAP servers. You will need some or all of these functions in the normal operation
of the software in an SAP environment. These functions perform such operations as dynamically loading
and executing ABAP programs from Data Services, efficiently running preloaded ABAP programs,
allowing for seamless metadata browsing and importing from SAP servers, and reporting the status of
running jobs. Some of these functions read data from SAP NetWeaver BW sources.
You must upload the provided functions to your SAP server in a production environment. It is
recommended that you always upload the functions to your SAP server whether you are in a
development, test, or production environment. The functions provide seamless integration between
Data Services and SAP servers.
The default installation places two function module files for SAP servers in the ...\Data
Services\Admin\R3_Functions\transport directory. You then upload these files to SAP servers
using the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) or manually. Using CTS allows for version
control as the functions evolve across releases.
The installation provides two versions of transport files (depending on the server version you are using)
to install the functions on the SAP server. To obtain the names of the latest transport files for installing
or upgrading these SAP server functions, see the readme.txt file

And I've found those files and text files in the local install folder....in:
Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\admin\R3_Functions
(that's where I've installed it).
There you'll find some descriptive txt as how to proceed.

After installing, it might happen that the executing user is missing some authorizations.
Here my authorizations team helped me by tracing the user and then adding the necessary rights.

Sure hope this will help you.