cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in V_V2 the role of Sort Item by date of creation and Sort by delivery date of earliest schedule line for the Sales Orders when Material is out of Stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good Morning,

I am working on once Incident for Re-Scheduling Program V_V2 where the user has requested us to change the criteria for determining the priority of Sales Document based on Sort Item by date of creation. Currently they are using the Sort by delivery date of earliest schedule line in the Variant.

I would like to know the role these both options play in the Re-Scheduling program V_V2. I would like to know the impact of both of them and the kind of testing I need to perform to study the behaviour of Sales Orders especially when the material is out of stock?

Please explain with help of examples.

Thanks

Farhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faroq,

V_V2 has a test mode, use it.

Date of creation is the date when item was created and earliest delivery date is the date system determined as probable first delivery.

So in the first case you would be sorting by the order of recording.

In the second case the earliest delivery date considers customizing and even availability check, so you can have two materials of the same sales order sorted in a different way because they had different delivery dates in the sales order.

regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Many Thanks for your reply. I got it to some extent what you have explained. Please can you provide me your explanation with an example like 2 Sales Orders having Material A and Material B and how they will behave in both the cases in more details which will help me in doing my testing part.

Thanks

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Edgar,

Any updates if you can provide me some examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not that simple that an example would explain how this transaction works but I'll give you some examples.

1. Material A has SO1 and SO2 of 10KG each, stock is 20KG so both quantities are confirmed at today. A stock recount determines a reduction to 5KG. This program would change confirmed quantity of SO1 to 5KG and SO2 to 0KG if:
    1. Creation date of SO1 is older then SO2 in strategy 1
    2. 1st delivery date of SO1 is smaller then SO2 in strategy 2
  2. Material B has SO1 and SO2 with 10KG each but no quantity confirmed, stock is 0KG. A prodution adds 15KG to stock. The program would change confirmed quantities of SO1 to 10KG and SO2 to 5KG if:
    1. Creation date of SO1 is older then SO2 in strategy 1
    2. 1st delivery date of SO1 is smaller then SO2 in strategy 2

I'm assuming a specific configuration, there are many other scenarios possible.

regards,

Edgar