cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order not geting saved and number in generated.

former_member147217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am using an enquiry to  create sales order once i try to save that sales order a number is generated sasing it is saved but if i go to the change mode of Sales order that is Va02 i get error as sales order not in data base and the number must be archived . And if i  try to use that same inquiry again for creating new sales order then an error occures that the inquiry is currently being processed by user . I am not able to under stand where i am going wrong . I hav maitained the number range as well as all other config settings . Please help me to solve this error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

can you tel us, what you get the final solution?

thanks

Md. Enayet hossain

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Disha,

this is 100%  basis issue , kindly check with basis team.

we face the same problem previously, after that basis team made some changes and now it is working fine.discuss with basis team to resolve this issue

regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I once had the same problem and found out that the cause was error from ABAP form.  The requirement was that every time a sales order is saved, the system print out the sales order form. We maintained the form master data to print as soon as the sales order is saved.  When there is a program error (short dump) with form, the system ran the number range but nothing was saved.  Please try checking if there are any program errors with ST22.

former_member147217
Participant
0 Kudos

issue was the routine if condition was ending at a wrong place.

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would debug into the issue. the cause can be different, either a basis issue, or a program issue. you should be able to find more information in st22.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once we have faced the same issue and that was related to memory.

Memory was not sufficient that why on the time of creation the number was generated but it was not saving in the system.

Please check with your basis team

Thanks

BR

MT

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

please give sales order type configuration screen shot. please also maintian sales order document type configuration for number range as below as:

or

copy inquiry sales order type (IN = Inquiry) to give new customize sales order type. please also use t-code: VN01 and properly maintian number range interval and assign the number range.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem seems to be with number range .

The number range/series assigned to the Sales Order might have been assigned or utilized for other

document types and hence the error appears.

For example:

You refer a Inquiry to an Sales order and the Sales order after saving should generate the Sales Order number as1000025 but if the same number is already available in the system for other document type

then the system will not be able to update the data in the VBAK table.

Check the last number generated from the number range table .

For ex: 10000025

Then check for 10000026 in VBAK table before creating the Sales order.

Regards,

S.R.K

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

your order not updated proper in data base system , so wait some time and check the va02 or re login the SAP then check

and also check the SM66 Process check

regard

sankar

former_member147217
Participant
0 Kudos

all the solutions that you gave have been tried .but hav not got any result out of it. Nd in sm66 also no process is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Few checks

Is your sales order number getting updated after every save ?

Is it happening only for this SO creation or any other sales order types also ?

There is update termination happening as you mentioned in one of your replies, you can check CDHDR and CDPOS tables for object VERKBELEG with the timeframe you encountered termination.

Also, you can ask ABAPer to analyse the update termination.

Thanks
Rama

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check in table whether that sale order number exists or not? Check in VBAK or VBAP and update.

Thank$

former_member147217
Participant
0 Kudos

Sales Order number does not exisit in vbap nd vbak tables.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha

I believe this is some technical issue with your system. It is not happening from SD side. Did you ask your BASIS guy to check whether any table updation is locked or any other technical issue?

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Can you check if any error log updated in SM13 ?

please post the error if you see anything in SM13 against your user ID

Please check Number ranges for your Sales document type once again

thanks,

santosh

former_member147217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In sm13 it shows enqueues deleted and the number range is maintained well.