cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazardous Ingredients (GHS)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Can someone explain me the difference between Hazardous Ingredients (SAP_EHS_1012_004) and Hazardous Ingredients (GHS) (SAP_EHS_1012_022) in STANDARD property tree? At the moment I haven't seen Hazardous Ingredients (GHS) being used in WWI templates or by Expert Rules (EMEA, Americas, and APJ). So curious about it's purpose. Thanks!

Regards, Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michaela, Thank you for your answer. It makes sense, and I see
that ZEXP_HCGHS outputs data in SAP_EHS_1012_022. Is it then to be expected
that in future ZEXP_HC_EU will (also) output in SAP_EHS_1012_022, though it
already uses GHS classification product&component data – next to DSD/DPD – as
input?

Dear Christoph, Thank you for your answer too. I noticed the modular region
setup for classification&labeling, national regulations, and indeed OELs,
and it is pleasant for end-users to have less instances per value assignment
type. Appreciate this modular trend (compared to competitors).

Regards, Florian

former_member287873
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

SAP_EHS_1012_022 is used by the HazComp GHS rule and GHS template.  In addition to the country specific GHS rules and templates, you should also have general GHS rules and template.  These can be used for countries which accept GHS SDS's, but have not passed their own version of the regulation (such as Bahrain or Uruguay).  For the forseeable future, you should expect to see this Hazardous Ingredients (GHS) property used specifically for this general GHS data, and not country specific data from rules like ZEXP_HC_EU.

Best Regards,

Mike

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Florian

only small add on to the explanations of Michaela. SAP does have the trend now to "split" more the properties per regions etc. This does have many reasons. One topic is "access rights"; other topics are reduced number of data records per property (e.g. OEL one) which is a benefit from maintenance perspective. Regarding WWi or Ruleset approach additional arguments could be nominated why this has been done.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As requirements and values are different for the "old" labelling system and GHS, there are also 2 different value assignment types used, namely SAP_EHS_1023_001 and SAP_EHS_1023_094.

The same is true for the hazardous ingredients, SAP_EHS_1012_004 is the "old" value assignment (As you can also deduct from the creation date of its class, 1998), SAP_EHS_1012_022 is the one exclusively created for GHS (in 2006)