cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is employee group and employee sub group in sap hr ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all members,

i am studying SAP hr and i have completed company,company code,personnel area and personnel sub area.

but i am confused in employee group  and employee subgroup ?

because in company employee permanent employee who take salary monthly base and contract employee take per day salary basic. but in SAP HR active ,poisoner employee and retire employee what is that?

please explain i am so confuse,guide me ?   with example

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sharma,

The employee group is an organizational entity which is governed by specific personnel regulations. An employee group is divided into several employee subgroups. Like active, inactive, retiree,contractor,Temp,etc

An employee subgroup is an organizational entity within an employee group which is governed by specific personnel regulations.Like Salaried,Exempt, non-exempt, Full time Salaried, Part time, hourly, piece worker, etc..

Based on the employee group and Subgroup combinations there will be further clasifications on Time and Payroll...

The employee group will be used in the following:

Employee groups allow you to generate data entry default values, for example, for the payroll accounting area or an employee’s basic pay.

Employee groups serve as selection criteria for reporting.

Employee groups constitute an authorization check unit.

The Employee subgroup will be used in the following:

Personnel calculation rule (control whether an employee’s remuneration is calculated on a monthly or hourly basis)

Wage types (determine which wage types are permissible for which employee subgroups using the employee subgroup grouping for the primary wage types)

Collective agreement provision (you restrict the eligibility of pay scale groups, so that only certain pay scale groups are valid for specific employee subgroups)

Work schedules (determine which work schedules are permissible for which employee subgroups using the employee subgroup grouping for the work schedule.

Determine which work schedules are permissible for which employee subgroups using the employee subgroup grouping for the work schedule)

Appraisal criteria (set up appraisal criteria dependent on employee subgroup using the employee subgroup grouping)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks dilip. this is very helpful for me.

HadrienP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Heena,

I think this isn't the right place to post such question, we will probably have some more answer in the HR places.

anyway may be this will help you a bit more to understand the concept, fortunatelly you 're not the first one who ask this

Duke Financial Services - Payroll - Employee Groups and Sub-Groups in SAP

Learn SAP FREE : SAP HR/HCM - Employee Group & Subgroup - YouTube

regards

Hadrien