Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving existing SD documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I have the following requirement:

I have about 30 different output types in SD. we have about 300.000 invoices, etc... over the last years. now I have to archive this 'past' SD documents as we have an archive system now.

How can I archive this ? I know RSNAST00 for example, but I ONLY want to archive this documents, not print it again. and I don't want to have NAST entrys for that.

to put it in another way: I know how to archive future documents, but I don't know how to handle a "mass archiving" for the past documents,which are already produced.

br, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry guys, but you got me completely wrong: I don't want to delete any spoolfiles and I don't want to archive DATA archiving with SARA. I want to archive the outgoing documents (invoices) as PDF. so instead of mode 'only printing' I want to use the 'archive' mode of the output types for the past documents.

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

when you e.g. print an outgong invoice you should ensure that you have the "print and archive storage" mode set, then it will both print the paper invoice and also archive it at the same time. This of course requiers that you have the arhive connected, i.e. a content repository setup in OAC0, document tupe setup in OAC2 and have linked the object type + document type to the content repository in OAC3.

Could be that I'm missing something here as well, but this already should get you quite far and if not misstaken(i.e. without checking in the system) you should be able to choose the storage mode when printing.

Print --> print properties -->output options --> double click on storage mode and choose the storage mode archive only or print and archive and then as objec type and document type add the ones that you configured above and then the output document should automatically go to the archive.

Hopes this helps.

Br,

Jonas

Message was edited by: Jonas Nybacka

Sorry, I just re-read your posts and I don't think it's possible to archive already posted documents this way without a custom job that would open the posted documents and again output them with just archive only storage mode...

I think you have to look into RSNAST00 and re-output them from here

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you really want to archive, meaning removing documents from SAP ERP server to store somewhere else, try t-code SARA.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement correctly, you want to remove 300000 invoice outputs from Spool Requests.  If this is correct, you can do so via SP01. On the other hand, if you want to archive the output of new billing documents, you can do so via condition record where you can change the Storate Mode.

G. Lakshmipathi