cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Journals in a Model in SAP BPC 10.0 MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where does one enable journals functionality in SAP BPC 10.0 MS?

Here's the background:

I created a new Environment from EnvironmentShell

Worked on dimensions, member sheets etc. in the Consolidation Model

In the SAP Web Administration, Consolidation Monitor, I get the error Initialization Failed when clicking on the Journal item in the TreeView on the left. Clicking on the See Details, I get the error JOURNAL_NOT_ENABLED.

In the Planning and Consolidation Administration Client, I get a similar error when clicking on Define Journal Validation Rules or Define Journal Translation Rules. (Journal in not enabled in Consolidation)

I then thought I would be clever and modified the column 'Journal' in the table dbo.tblApp by putting a '1' there.

Refreshing the Planning and Consolidation Administration Client, I see that for the Consolidation Model, the Journals are specified as 'in use'. However, returning to the SAP Web Administration and clicking on the Journal option, the error I now get is 'Invalid object name dbo.jrnAddedItems', probably because my backdoor hack circumvented some code.

Where does one enable journals in a Model on the MS 10.0 platform? For the life of me, I can't find it. This despite much searching. Clearly I am missing something obvious.

Kind Regards

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Have you use the journal wizard to create the template? In the admin console, expand your model, select Journal and you should have the wizard in the action pane.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thanks. Yip, that's it. (I knew I was missing something remarkably obvious - it's just that I could not find it for some strange reason.)

Again, many thanks.

Kind Regards

Nick

Answers (0)