cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retore DataBase Backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is this any guide which describes how can I reconstruct an environment from a backup of SQL database?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Wafa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wafa,

Probably below url can help you.

http://www.katieandemil.com/sql-server-2012-restore-database-backup-file

This below url can also give you some more idea on that. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177429.aspx

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepanshu,

Thank you for reply.

It OK for me to backup and restore a database on SQL Server. My question was about how to create a new BPC environment using this database backup.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Wafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a environment you need the backup in BPC desired format:

SQL Backup

FileDB Backup

WebFolders Backup

Backup should be in format the way it comes via BPC Server Manager, If you have the backup in this format then you can create a environment with restoring the backup via BPC Server Manager utility.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for you answer. This was my understanding of the backup/restore of environments on BPC Server Manager.

Just another question: When I restore a backup in Server Manager, I don't see it in my environments list on the Administration console. Is there any thing to do to make the new environment available?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kindly,

Wafa

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wafa,

you have to enter with the sysadmin (one of the 3 used for bpc install) user\psw, go to security and modify your user (just enter and save) after you should be enabled to the new appset. I'm not sure but I think it's sufficient one user modify to enable all the user of the appset.

Other possibility is to check the field Active in the tblUsers and set it to Y.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make it visible you must login as the BPC-install user(the user you used when you installed BPC) and then you just go to any team and modify it(without changing anything) and voila you will be able to access it with your normal user.

Once you have modified the team all users will work.

definitly a bug but I haven't reported it since I found a workaround...

Brgds

Mattias

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wafa,

If I understand correctly, you want to create a new envrionment with a new name. You can try to restore it just using a new name.

Best Regards,
Charlie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your help! Restore is done and it works correctly.

Kind Regards,

Wafa