cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Record Working Time - How to set up approvals?

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I've hit a bit of a roadblock and could use some direction.  I have recently implemented the newer ESS_WDA role in our sandbox environment to see what it had all to offer.  Using LPD_CUST to customize the ESS launchpad role, instance = menu, I have successfully implemented the Record Working Time WD application and have it running fine.  Using CAC1 I created two profiles, ESS (without approvals) and Z_ESS_A (with approvals).  Using the ESS profile, a user can enter time into their ESS time sheet, save, and thus time is entered into CATS and their IT2001/2002.

Now, Z_ESS_A is another story.  Some time this year, we'd like all our US administrative personnel to enter time using ESS Recording Working Time (HRESS_A_CATS_1) however, they would need to have all their time approved by their reporting manager (or a backup) before it goes into IT2001/2002.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the process, but I would like the approval to be done by their reporting manager in Manager Self-Service using the Approve Time Sheet application (HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL) and not by click on some link in their UWL.  I assume this is set up by assigning a task in the workflow section under Approval in the data entry profile, but I have no idea what task to assign.  Do we need to create a custom task? Am I on the right path or is there another path I should be pursuing?   Ideally, if the manager is unable to approve the associate's time sheet, we would have a backup enter their MSS and approve time sheets that haven't been approved by the direct manager yet.

I did notice the Approve Working Time section in the IMG.  Is this where I need to set up the approvals?  I noticed a SAP_LINE view, however I read this uses a line manager relationship dictated in OM, however we do not use that relationship (A002/B002).  We simply use the A003 (Manages/Belongs to) relationships, thus the task would identify the chief of the org unit and use that relationship to decide who to send the time sheet approval to.

Kind regards,

Garrett Meredith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

System identified the Record working time profile from the value against User Parameter CVR in SU01.

• If you maintain ESS against CVR it triggers without approval
  • If you maintain Z_ESS_A against CVR it triggers Approval process

Some time this year, we'd like all our US administrative personnel to enter time using ESS Recording Working Time (HRESS_A_CATS_1) however, they would need to have all their time approved by their reporting manager (or a backup) before it goes into IT2001/2002.

You need to change the CVR parameter value to Z_ESS_A for that period for all US administrative employees for that duration. Again you need to change it to ESS once that duration is over.

but I would like the approval to be done by their reporting manager in Manager Self-Service using the Approve Time Sheet application (HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL) and not by click on some link in their UWL.

Below tick in CAC1 triggers workitems to UWL, if not only sent to Approve Time sheet application in MSS.

I did notice the Approve Working Time section in the IMG.  Is this where I need to set up the approvals?  I noticed a SAP_LINE view,

SPRO / PM/ ESS WDABP / Working Time/ Record working time/ Approve Working Time

above is the navigation where you configure approval process.

SAP_LINE is also a user parameter for managers in SU01 against CATS_APPR_PROF.

So Employee SU01 - CVR = ESS or Z_ESS_A

Manager  SU01 - CATS_APPR_PROF = SAP_LINE or Custom one.

however I read this uses a line manager relationship dictated in OM, however we do not use that relationship (A002/B002).  We simply use the A003 (Manages/Belongs to) relationships, thus the task would identify the chief of the org unit and use that relationship to decide who to send the time sheet approval to.

It doesn't work based on A002/B002 relation, it works based on Chief Relation (A012/B012) to Org.Unit.

Let us say X is the chief for A org.unit, all the positions those belong to A org.unit shown under X as reportee employees, so X can be the approver for A1, A2, A3 and so on.

Hope this give you an understanding.

Regards,

Srikanth Naidu

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For Managers approval you can use this Task TS31000007 and you need to click with SAP Business WF to trigger the WF You can use BADI if you don't want to use standard task or enhance it http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/42/ce554924f0136ce10000000a1553f7/content.htm For working times that you do not want to be approved by the line manager, you use the BADI_CATS_APPROVAL Business Add-In to determine the recipient. 1. The task TS31000007 should be defined as 'General Task' because CATS   workitems can be executed by all the Users To verify this please   proceeed as follows:   - Goto PFTC transaction   - Enter Task Type =  Standard Task           Task      = 31000007   - Click Display   - Goto Additional Data > Classification > Display

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your help so far, I am making progress.

The MSS test user has access to CATS_APPR_LITE in the backend and was able to approve the working time of his ESS test user.  I could use the iView (view to CATS_APPR_LITE) and put it on the MSS manager's Team page, which may be good enough for now, since the Approve Time sheet iView isn't registering anything from timesheet saved using the Record Working Times WD application.  Not sure what applications or iViews or ESS role is used to record time and allow a MSS user to approve the time sheet using the approve_time_sheet iView associated with the mss.15 role.

Now I'm running into a puzzling issue.  I go back into ESS to the ESS user's Record working times link.  The time sheet is empty and does not contain the time I entered previously and when I try to add additional time for that week, once I hit the save button, I received a green message indicating the data was saved.  Unfortunately, when I go back into CATS_APPR_LITE, the data isn't there AND if I go to CAT2 to view the timesheet in the backend, then data isn't there either.  Any ideas about why I can't see or correct previously entered time?

Regards,

Garrett

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Disregard the last statement I made above, I corrected the issue.  There are two pieces of configuration under the ESS > Service Specific Settings > Working Time > Record Working Time > Approve Working Time > Select Employees > Select Employees for Approval

and Service Specific Settings > Working Time > Record Working Time > Approve Working Time > Define Approval Views.

Under Define Approval Views, SAP_LINE view, I change the Period type to No Period.

Under Select Employees for Approval, I made sure my rule groups was set to CATS Approval mode and group = MSS_LCA_EE.

After changing those two things, it seems to be working.

Regards,

Garrett

0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

For EhP upgrade we are implementing CATS Approval WDA HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1. And we configured all steps and roles as you and others mentioned in the chain conversion. I entered back end SAP ECC with MSS role user id and executed Apllication HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1 in SE80.

I got screen without any employee time sheet data as shown below.

Please share with me if know the reason and is any config is missed.

Thanks,

Nageswar.

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswar,

The only thing I can think of that would prevent you seeing the employee is config missing in "Define Field Selection for Individual Approval View" and "Define Field Selection for Detail view"

Using the SLIN1 record already, highlight the record and
click on Field Customizing.

You must define some fields for the manager so time data
will appear on the approval screen.
Click on the select fields to add more.

Repeat these steps for the detail view as well.

Regards,

Garrett

0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

Thank you very much for your inputs. I was wondering in my system I can see three WebDynpro CATS Approval Applications like

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPR

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1

I am bit confuse here which one I have use. Could you please clarify me which one is for what?

Thanks,

Nageswar.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

read here http://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/44/ba3e656b71412e87d04ba94c99992c/content.htm ALso,as I said earlier you need to create a new thread for your query Please don't embed on already raised thread or a question Its confusing.

0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

We need only WedDynpro CATS Approval application without any workflow and POWL.

It should work as CATS_APPR_LITE  works.

Thanks,

Nageswar.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

like I said raise a new thread with your exact requirement, we ll provide the solution.

0 Kudos

Thank you Siddharth.

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, the task was not set to a general task. As for the CVR parameter, I was able to figure that piece out and I know the ESS user is calling the right data entry profile using the task.   We changed it and now there is a task on the Manager's UWL.  Unfortunately, I get this error when I click on the task.

Also, I've been using my userid to test the ESS user.  Now I switched it to a test userid with the most basic SAP roles and I'm receiving an errors below.

Now SAP claims in their ishelp.sap.com documentation that there is a standard role for a ESS user wanting to record working time, but does not mention what that role is.....can anyone tell me what the name of the SAP role is to allow them to get past this error?

Regards,

Garrett Meredith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

Try below roles:

• SAP_BC_EMPLOYEE
  • SAP_BC_ENDUSER
  • SAP_EMPLOYEE_IN_ESS_WDA_2
  • SAP_ESSUSER_ERP
  • SAP_HR_EMPLOYEE_DE_ERP
  • SAP_HR_EMPLOYEE_US_ERP
  • SAP_HR_PA_XF_EXPERT

Or check SU53 (Missing Authorizations) where you can trace out.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you let us know which release you are on? and as indicated by Srikanth you have standard roles to be attached to the employee and manager, depening upon your release we release roles which are standard and can be attached to the users but first make sure you have the task as general Infotype 0316 for authorization to work with the time sheet: - Displaying data (authorization level R) - Entering and releasing data (authorization level E) Infotype 0328 for authorization to - Approve data (authorization level D) - Reporting (authorization level R) Does the affected user has this authorisation available? Please assign him correctly, You can check this in backend using CATS_APPR_LITE with the same user and run /nsu53 to see missing authorization http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/ EN/64/40050c470211d189720000e8322d00/frameset.htm and also http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN /64/40050c470211d189720000e8322d00/frameset.htm are you using structural authorization then do schedule RHBAUS00

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we just upgraded to EhP6 for HCM on premise.  Our portal is still at 7.02.

I did activate business functions HCM_ESS_WDA_1 and HCM_ESS_WDA_2 and HCM_MSS_WDA_1.

Also these services:

hress_a_lea_team_calendar

hress_a_cats_print

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPR

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL

HRMSS_A_CATS_APPROVAL_1

ibo_wda_inbox

hress_a_cats_1

hress_a_ptarq_timeacc

There seems to be a lot of iViews or applications out there and I'm not exactly sure which is the most current.   I was assuming the Record working time available through the newer ESS_WDA role and Launchpad role ESS, Instance MENU was what an employee would be using but correct me if I'm wrong.  Also as for the MSS role, I have set up my test manager with the MSS.15 role.

I will look into your suggestions above today.

Thank you,

Garrett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garrett,

For the user XXXXXXX which is assigned to Personnel number: 165 (According to your screenshot above) assign the full authorization for testing purpose.

And check the service availability and working condition for Record Working time application.

Or

If you are on ECC 6 & Ehp 6 you may assign above suggested roles and test the same.

Regards,

Srikanth Naidu. A