Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 reporting based on a dimension property

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a cost_center dimension and bus_area is the property of cost_center.I want to create report based on bus_area.As we do in BW by navigational attirubute, is that possible?

The solutions like: "Put cost_center to rows and use epmmemberproperty and hide cost_center" are not acceptable.Likewise membergrouping as sums. What I want is If I have 5 bus_area's in the member sheet of cost_center then the report must have at most 5 rows.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have only one business area for one cost center or many business areas?

Only one means no problem at all you can use that epmmemberproperty to display business area and hide cost center column.

Thanks,

Suresh

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your answer but there are 1000 cost centers and 5 business areas.That's why the user want to see aggreagted data with respect to business areas.

I think I should create a BEx report from BPC cube but then some features like "offset" not working on a BEx report from a CPMB cube.Maybe another solution would be mapping BPC cube to a BW cube and use BEx from normal BW cube(duplicating data).

Not good solutions but seems no way(disappointed ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you filter out by property like business area <> 'null'. Then report will show up only 5 costcenters. Then hide costcenter column and use epmmember property to display business are or use local members.

Thanks,

Suresh

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Each cost center has a business area.No problem with that. The problem is that when I put cost center to rows, 1000 rows shown up.And if I use epmmemberproperty, 5 business areas will shown in 1000 rows.I dont understand your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it, it won't work in that way. You should add it as another hierarchy level but if you are going to use this for only one report, you can do this using VBA macro other than that I am not getting any idea:)

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you set up an additional hierarchy for the business areas? Then you could simply reference that in your report.

BR,
Arnold

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Unfortunately there is no such hierarchy in ECC and since there are many cost_centers, manual editing of parenth is not possible.

But if I could map parenth and the property bus_area in the transformation file, your solution would work but this is not possible, either.

Thanks though

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any workaround on this problem?I know that BPC is not a reporting tool but this is a basic requierement and I shouldn't need BW for this in my opinion.