cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Designer for OpenUI5

Former Member
0 Kudos

There been a large amount of discussion on openui5 of recent, one area that I not seen covered is how to write a custom theme for openui5 without any use of the SAP Theme Designer.

So in words looking to use openui5 without any SAP system access and build a custom theme.

Any ideas on how to do this?  It seems this is a missing piece at the moment, unless I missed something.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the Cloud-based version of the UI Theme Designer and export the theme.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this, that helpful. 

The approach I was looking for was a complete open source one, so the CSS can be written by anyone anywhere.  To me this is one area that seems missing and a hurdle I would suspect for openUI5 being used more by non SAP people.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt there will be an open source tool for that because themes are built according to rules in different rendering engines of SAP systems. Unless SAP plans to open source their rendering engines, having an open source tool for creating the themes would always lag behind the actual rendering engines meaning the runtime. Reverse engineering the runtime and building a tool around it is of course possible but no one wants to keep doing that forever. My recommendation is to stick with the tools SAP provides.

Answers (0)