cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 runtime library version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We started using share project feature in eclipse to get the BSP application of Approve Requests Fiori app into an SAPUI5 eclipse project. However, we got a warning saying that the SAPUI5 runtime libraries that are installed on Eclipse have a higher version than on the server(1.12.7).

How do I check the SAPUI5 runtime library version details on my gateway system?

Regards,

Varun

p.s.: We are now planning to upgrade SAPUI5 using note 1989424 to version 1.20.1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

open the URL http://<host>:<port>/sap/public/bc/ui5_ui5/ in your browser. This should display all installed versions of the UI5 library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect. Thanks Dominik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dominik,

After applying the note i found ui5 runtime version using the above URL and its perfectly updated, but still when i try to submit my projects the warning message is displayed and its not showing the correct version in the server.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

please be aware that you can only update the UI 5 runtime versions on the netweaver by installing Service packs... please see Note 1933498 for futher details.

Cheers

Sebastian

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On a related subject, what is the procedure of uploading the latest libraries?  Is it done through SAP notes on an ABAP instance?

Thanks!

-Jayson

0 Kudos

you can upgrade the SAPUI5 version upto 1.18.8 by applying notes on SAP_UI sp07. any upgrade above that to SAPUI5 version 1.20.* needs SAP_UI SP08.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit,

by any chance do you know how to update the runtime version to 1.20.* on an ABAP System? I can only find threads for HANA Systems.

We currently have SAPUI5 100 SP8 and runtime 1.20.1 installed.

Thanks for any response.

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

as explained in SAP note 1933498, these minor updates (1.20.1 -> 1.20.x) have to be done step by step, i.e. 1.20.1 -> 1.20.4, 1.20.4 -> 1.20.6 etc.

From SAP note 1998197 (SAPUI5 Update to version 1.20.4):

The correction instruction of this note only updates the library com.sap.ui5.core since the complete SAPUI5 patch is too big to be handled by one note. So in addition to this note, the following notes must be installed:

with 15 further notes being referred to - so expect a lot of work

Anyways, 1933498 refers to all the required notes.

Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Dominik: Thanks for pointing me to the correct Note. Are these fixings transportable? Should my customer install all these snotes as well, or could I sent them a transport with all the fixings if they are on the same component level (=SP8)?

Thanks,

Fabian

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

my current version is 1.16 if i want to update to the latest, do i have to update one by one?

1.16--->1.17--->1.18 .......->1.28 or I can go directly 1.16->1.28?

Thanks,

Jun

0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

You can do it directly.

Thanks & Regards:

Azhar

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dominik's way works only for ABAP WAS

ctrl-shift-alt-P

in popup on top -

SAPUI5 Version1.18.8 (built at 201402191819, last change 33daa5601efe5497dd6c5280d052c72876341338)
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maksim. That is really helpful.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Varun,

When the applicaiton runs on the browser, hit F12 (developer tools). In the console, write sap.ui.version and hit enter. It should provide the server UI5 version.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was helpful. Thanks Krishna.