cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Reports Question - Row/Column Axis Sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question related to Row/Column axis sharing in EPM 10 reports.

Is it possible to have two reports sharing some but not all dimensions in either row or column axis?

For Example:

Row Axis for Report 1:

Dimension 1

Dimension 2

Row Axis for Report 2:

Dimension 1      (shared with Report 1)

Dimension 2      (shared with Report 1)

Dimension 3      (not used in Report 1)

We could do this in BPC 7.5. Please advise if there is a way to achieve this in EPM 10 reports.

We are using EPM Add-In version 10.0 SP13 Patch 4.

Thanks,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim... We have couple of such EvDRE reports that we need to convert to EPM reports. Do you know any workaround for this requirement?

Thanks,

Neha

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read my post about static report:

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I read your blog "Static report...." and implemented it in one of my reports, but I am having an issue.

The issue is when I am sharing the row axis as a dynamic selection with descendants as my selection with a Level 4 access, it sort of converts it to a static axis after saving the report when I open it again.  My question to you is initially when I saved it as dynamic it shows as descendant and saved it, does it still hold the settings as dynamic or has converted it to static.  My Col axis in both report are static.  I am only worried when someone changes the hierarchy.  I have Costcenter as my row axis(shared).

Thanks,

Jay

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Your question is not related to the subject of this discussion, please open a new one. And please, provide some screenshots because your explanation is absolutely not clear.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Please check attached sample report. It shows how reports in BPC 7.5 were sharing the row axis. I am trying to achieve this in EPM report.

Please remove .txt extension to open the workbook.

Vijay - I could not make it work with EPMAxisOverride.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups, I suspected something like this (the report in the attached file). Unfortunately no easy way...

You can use static report approach in EPM but in any case no row axis sharing...

EPMAxisOverride will not help.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Have a look at the snapshot if this helps to what you are looking for.

I have used Project dimension in first report in the Rows.

On the second report I have used Project and Customer in rows (my assumption: Customer is maintained as a property in Project dimension).

1. Then I have called EPMMemberProperty from the first report for the Project dimension.

2. Then I used EPMDimensionOverride to populate Customer dimension in the second report.

Could not put the excel here due to limitations of using RDC, but putting a snapshot (in case it helps).

Thanks

Ankur

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please provide the sample of BPC 7.5 report to understand what you are talking about!

But in general in BPC 10 axis sharing is possible only for the axis with the same dimensions.

Vadim

former_member193143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Thats works fine but the column axises for the both reports should be same.

Regards,

Saidareddy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

One way to get this done is to use the EPMAXISOVERRIDE function on the second report.  I used this functionality before, and it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Vijay