cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on SAP/SF PO Integration & SF BizX RBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are implementing SAP HCM and SF. SF goes live before SAP. We'll have a transition period from Flat File upload to SAP PO integration.

Would anyone have any recommendation on how to ensure a smooth seamless transition? We have tested in the test instance, and noticed some issues when SAP PO is turned on, i.e. User Name upper and lower cases, certain derived fields generated duplicate records, default locale was not passed from SAP and therefore overrides SF provisioning config, and users are not always in sync (bizX vs LMS). We will be using SOAP (Axis) Adapter for integration between SF and SAP.

A few questions:

1. Below are some of our data mapping, would appreciate if anyone has any recommendations/better suggestions or tips on these fields?

• SAP Pers ID = SF User ID
  • SAP SSO ID (0105) = SF User Name (did anyone have issues with User ID - unique identifier and User Name - unique name for each user id?)
  • Manager field: we are using A002, if no value use B012, if no value use one up manager (by using one up manager, would this cause any issues?)
  • Time zone will be defaulted based on the employee's SAP ID (has anyone experienced issues with Timezone? especially for companies in Australia?)
  • Hire Date: is it true Hire Date must be in US format? When default locale is Eng_GB and timezone is Australia?
  • Initially we do not use Job code as it's not configured in SAP. We mapped Tilte = SAP Position Title. Is it possible to map SF LMS Job Title to Position Title in BizX?
  • Default Locale: we hard coded to "Eng_GB"

2. We would like to set up a filter to select certain population of employees to be passed to SF. In our case we would like to pass only employees with an ESS user role. Does anyone know if there is a way of identifying and picking up only ESS users to be sent to SF?

3. With Flat File integration, you recieve on screen error for pre import errors/warnings and an email notification after import. For SAP PO integration, we will have a nightly job to transfer employee data to SuccessFactors. Errors that occurred during the interface are stored in auto logs which are provided through the background job log. Is it true that the only way to check if there are failed/errored employees is by going into Webdypro and check the job log? Or would it be possible for SAP to send notifications of the pre PO errors and SF to send post PO errors? With Flat File load, the person whom imported the file will receive import status notification. With SAP PO since it is a batch job, how do we configure for a centralised email inbox to be the recipient?

4. BizX security question: we do not want to show employee MI to users. RBP is set up not to display MI, BizX displays correctly except for under Company Info -> Directory, employees' MI is still showing. Is there a way to hide MI completely from users?

5. We have experienced some User Connector issues, i.e. BizX and LMS are not always in sync, employees can be found in BizX but not always showing up in LMS. Does anyone have any tip or know the root cause for this issue?

6. Lastly, is it true you are not able to delete records EVER in SF? Even if the record was created by error and no learning history attached?

Thank you so much in advance. Any feedback is highly appreciated!!

Vera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vera,

What version and Support Package of the add-on are using?

1. These are some of my recommendations:

• Manager field: we are using A002, if no value use B012, if no value use one up manager (by using one up manager, would this cause any issues?) >For this you need to ensure if there is no manager that the value is NO_MANAGER
  • Time zone will be defaulted based on the employee's SAP ID (has anyone experienced issues with Timezone? especially for companies in Australia?) >You need to ensure you have the exact correct Timezone text - ask your implementation partner for the text
  • Hire Date: is it true Hire Date must be in US format? When default locale is Eng_GB and timezone is Australia? >All date formats must be in US format (MM/DD/YYYY)
  • Default Locale: we hard coded to "Eng_GB" >It should be "EN_GB", not "Eng_GB"

2. You can do this with a report variant, but you'll need to ensure that users can be identified by the available criteria.

3. The WebDynpro is only for the Compensation process integration. I would post this specific question in the

6. This is not true. You can use the Purge Data option.

Regarding questions 4 and 5, I need to put my SCN moderator hat on. Please can you create new posts as they are not related to integration and it is best practice to keep one topic to one post.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Luke!! Especially knowing that we are able to delete incorrect records in SF which we have been continuously told you are not able to delete records only making them inactive.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke, it's ECC7.0 and Add On 2.0. Would you know if SAP is able to send notifications on failed records (pre SF integration)? And where we can store a fixed email address to recieve SF import status notifications? Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

"6. This is not true. You can use the Purge Data option."

I tried to research on this option. It is mentioned in April 12 release notes that you can purge obsolete data and inactive users from SF, which removes them entirely from the system.

It is also mentioned in your article "SAP and SF - An Overview", Support Package 1 for Add-on 1.0 included additional new fields, so that a report can remove inactive employees.

I searched all help and tips and training files in Success Academy. I was not able to find procedures. Are you able to shed some light where I can find procedures? Both for SAP (is there a t-code?) and flat file report.

Thanks so much Luke!!

Vera

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Errors are usually found in the log (t/code SLG1). I don't know of a way of getting logs emailed, but your BASIS consultant should know.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vera,

The integration add-on report will make inactive employees Inactive in SuccessFactors, but you can also use report RPUDELPP to remove inactive employees from the extraction (see the Admin Guide for more details).

The data purge option is in SuccessFactors in Admin Tools. Your implementation partner should be able to point you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vera Yung

1.it's ECC7.0 and Add On 2.0. Would you know if SAP is able to send notifications on failed records (pre SF integration)? And where we can store a fixed email address to recieve SF import status notifications?

For the above question , We should have PROVISION system configuration for configuring to get an alerts from SF job

If u still not yet configured please let me know i can share the navigation path

2. Time zone will be defaulted based on the employee's SAP ID (has anyone experienced issues with Timezone? especially for companies in Australia?)

The above issue will occurred due to two reasons

1. The time zone  text will not available in Standard SF defined countries list ,in that case u should u to implement BADI in SAP system accordingly you should to maintain the text in Picklist managment

2. And also there is another reason if the time zone filed length

Many Thanks

Ravi Bhargava

Answers (0)