cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag "Force closing" in business rules in SAP BPC Consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, all,

can anybody explain to me what the flag "Force closing" in business rules in SAP BPC  Consolidation causes.

I don' t get along with what is described in the documentation.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Gerd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd

Force closing - If checked, the system will also write a value into the closing balance in an additional record.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Juan Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Juan,

thanks for your answer. What is the sense in writing a value into the closing balance in an additional record. In my understanding, the values are not written to a different flow or audit ID.

Best regards

Gerd

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd

view In the next discussion YTD or Periodic ? Also the impact of Force Clos... | SCN, here provide an example of force closing.

hope this helps to answer your questions.

Regards

Juan Pablo

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gerd,

In addition, please see section "3. Business Rules " in the

SAP BUSINESS PLANNING AND CONSOLIDATION 10.1, VERSION FOR SAP NETWEAVER STARTER KIT FOR US GAAP, SP03 Configuration Design Document located

at

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000271102014E/BPCNW10_USG_Config_SP3.pdf

By having the force closing option checked off the business rule will write the value to specified flow you have defined as well as the flow with the FLOW_TYPE property value of CLOSING.

In general, there is good documentation of the Consolidation process in the

Starter Kit for USGAAP section located at

SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.1, version for SAP NetWeaver – SAP Help Portal Page

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This "extra" record generated by the FORCE INTCO option can be used to open the current period's balances. This is because you can carry forward the automatic adjustments and eliminations by directly writing to that closing flow, other manual input can get carried forward with a Business Rule that takes last year's closing flow to this period's opening flow.