cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF_IOS_WORDPROCESSING getcontent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not find any documentation and search through many posts regarding of getting the data of changed (word) document in WD4A.

In our application there is the office control used to show the user the word, that is generated (template stored in MIME, used set_fields for merge fields) and the user still has the ability to change the document. This works OK.

Now I need to get the final changed document from the office control - how to achieve this? When I work with the attribute, it still holds only the original data (without the already merged fields and without user's input / changes).

1. First I thought that the whole data will be stored only inside the context attribute, that holds the word data (xstring). That in fact is probably not possible for the office control.

2. I tried calling the IF_IOS_WORDPROCESSING savedocument( ) - did not help.

3. I was trying to call the IF_IOS_WORDPROCESSING getcontent( ) method, but it returns an interface  if_ios_result_binary. When I create an object of this interface, I can call GET_RESULT( ) method of it, but that one does not have any parameters (?). There are also methods from the IF_IOS_RESULT interface (GET_RESULT_GENERIC e.g.), but those do not return anything at all.

Can anybody explain me the process of getting the data from the office WYSIWYG? I have the xstring that I "inputted" to the office control via a context attribute, how to get the "output" of the office control (in the ideal world - directly as a xstring)?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after some troubleshooting, I still do not have the solution, but I found out that the first attempt with the node attribute returns original data and the second returns correct data. However if I change the data again, I will get the previous version first. So it seems there is a need to "flush" the data somehow - but the corresponding method for this action is still to be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jozef,

Did you manage to find a solution? I have the same issue, but it seems there's a bug that SAP haven't solved.

If you take a look at the example IOS_TEXT_WORDPROCESSING, there's commented code to retrieve the "result document" that explicitly states there's a bug:

Regards,

Raúl

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you found out is true - it is some kind of bug.

In my case I we use word in a roadmap - so in one step the data should be get-and-stored. You can use the same workaround I did:

- force the user to klick first on a dummy button (meaning only the savedocument method),
- after clicking, enable that actions you would enable otherwise.

In this case, it will work - as the first button will produce one method queue for methods of word and the current content will be refreshed. After that you have your current data

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jozef Vaclavek

Do you have solved save document?

Best regards

PS:Mozes poskytnut podklady mailom? Vdaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved as written in the answer post. I did not find any other solution. There is just need to create a new method roundtrip, which will do only the call of savedocument method. Then your context reflects what you see in the office control.

PS: Mailom mozem, len neviem, co presne ta zaujima. Je to len jedine volanie metody IF_IOS_WORDPROCESSING~savedocument( ) na nejake dalsie tlacidlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you ansver

PS:smoula99@pobox.sk Podla vsetkeho treba mat Office na servery aby to fungovalo? Nie je s tym problem ak sa viaceri prihlasuju? Napr s OLE ked sa nezavrie WORD to cele zhavaruje a uz nejde vytvarat dalsi dokument? Zistil som, ze aplikacia ide, len lokalne. Mas to odskusane so vzdialeneho PC? Vdaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS: nevyuzivas OLE, ale integraciu cez office control. OLE je ina technologia. Na serveri office netreba mat. Prihlasovat sa mozu kolki chcu, na lokalnom pocitaci musia mat nainstalovane ACF. To, ze korektne uzavries word je ulohou programatora - to je potrebne dodrzat aj tu. INak je treba stranku refreshnut (spusti aplikaciu nanovo). Zo vzdialeneho pocitaca sme to neskusali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS:Pouzil som ACF712SP00_45-20006190.EXE zo http://www.service.sap.com/patches kde som postupoval podla TechNote 766191 ale nepomohlo, zrejme som na nieco zabudol? Je rozdiel v pouzitom priehliadaci (ja pouzivam FireFox)? Mozes odpovedat radsej mailom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS: SAP oficialne podporuje len explorer. Ale predpokladam, ze si iny prehliadac vyskusal. Ak ti vyskakuje nejaka chyba ACF trace / vidis nieco specialne v office controle, tak treba povedat, co to je.

apropo, na sdn chodim pomahat (sebe, inym), mailom ohladne takychto veci nekomunikujem, primarnym zdrojom ma byt hladanie (aj pre teba), dost uz, ze pisem po slovensky.