Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in theme designer

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to NW 7.31 SP9 and we did enable theme designer but we are facing few issues.

1) I have imported the theme created using theme editor but I am unable to edit those in theme designer.

2) I am unable to add background image in theme created using theme designer. As per the steps mentioned in your blog , when I drag a image from desktop it doesnt show me the image on screen and to save it. It gives popup as shown in screenshot below .On click of stay on this page it doesn't show image .

Any idea how to add image in theme?

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Point 2 mentioned in thread works in chrome but point 1 still doesnt work. I have followed all the steps mentioned in http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2014/04/01/how-to-ui-theme-designer--migration .

Any idea what might be wrong?

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't edit themes that were created with the portal theme editor in UI Theme Designer meaning there is no automatic migration path. You will have to work on a copy of one of the provided themes and re-implement whatever you have implemented in the previous portal theme.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Isn't there any way out because re designing all those themes would involve loads of effort and in case the existing themes need to be modified then we need to switch back to theme editor and then modify it. isn't there anyother migratcion approach?

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there is a way, as long as your portal has all required fixes. An excerpt from SAP note 1890375:

Automatic Migration of Portal Themes Currently not Supported

Symptom: Manual migration of portal themes to the new structure is required.

Workaround: Existing themes must be manually exported and imported using the "Transport Themes" UI. See documentation for details.

See the documentation on Transport Themes. The import thing here is that the portal theme needs to be exported from the portal before switching LESS on. After having switched LESS on, the same portal theme can be imported so that the theme will be migrated to a LESS theme and be visible in UI Theme Designer.

I just tested this with NW 731 SPS10 patch 2 and it worked. Maybe should update to include this workaround?

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the first step of the migration you should make a backup (export theme) of the current theme before enabling LESS.

What happened in my case is that the portal theme was migrated, but I could not edit it. It looked like a readonly theme. I think Navya has this issue as well.

So here is the trick. You can download the WRR folder from the portal and modify the .theming file. Please note there are multiple .theming files in different folders. You can change them all, but the most important one is the one in the base folder.

I am not sure if you can make a new theme from your readonly theme. That might be an option as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be a version issue, I can edit the migrated theme just fine with UI Theme Designer and even Publish it. The published theme seems to work too. Originally I did most of my testing on NW731 SPS09 and things have definitely improved since then.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I had taken backup of the theme before enabling LESS(System admin->Transport->TransportTheme ->Download the theme). Now after enabling LESS , I imported the theme (System admin->Transport->TransportTheme ->Import the theme) . After importing the theme , when i try to edit the theme using theme designer , it doesn't show me any property to edit it furtheras shown in screenshot below.

To edit the file in WRR ,I tried the following steps. In WRR ->Theming->Base->Open theme folder->download .themingfile -> save as .theming[1] -> remove the entry "sVendor": "SAP", from it and upload it again. when i try to upload it it gives me error as shown in screenshot below.

Could you please let me know how to edit the .theming file in WRR.Is there any step that I have missed out?

Regards,

Navya.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Navya,

I think it doesn't like the []-brackets in the new name of the file, as it's not an allowed character (see the list in the error).

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried downloading the entire folder from WRR (.zip file) and removed the sVendor entry and uploaded the .theming file.I was able to upload the file successfully (overwrite the existing file) Now it doesn't show the theme at all in theme designer. Which parameter should be modified in .theming file?

Regards,

Navya.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed, you renamed the file to .theming[1]. Just keep the same filename, thus .theming. Also select Overwrite existing resources.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post your .theming file here?

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that changing files via the WRR is not officially supported by SAP. You can also make an OSS message, since the import did not work properly.

Maybe has an idea as well?

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I didn't rename the file . I got the .theming file from the theme folder downloaded from WRR (Base ->baseLib). I modified it as shown in screen-shot below and uploaded it using (overwrite the existing file) Now it doesn't show the theme at all in theme designer. Couldn't attach the file as that file type isn't supported in sdn threads. Have already raised an OSS for the same.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should just update your portal, that way the export (non-LESS) and import (LESS) will work without any need for tweaking. Of course if there is something wrong with the source theme, updating might not help. Be sure to export the theme only once you have updated the portal, I believe it makes a difference in the import.

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Updating the portal with the latest EP_BASIS patches are quite important indeed. There are a lot of fixes already, so the suggestion of Samuli should be taken serious

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How do i update the portal as in we are already on NW 7.31 SP9 level. Which component should be upgraded.Is the any relevant note for this which would help us for upgradation.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talk to your SAP Basis admin(s). Basically they will generate a stack XML in Solution Manager, download bunch of files and apply the files (patches) using SUM. Basic maintenance for AS JAVA. SPS11 is the latest.

0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

In general, the Theme Designer is found in EP-BASIS.(Starting 7.31 SP9)

In order to switch your portal  into LESS mode that enables you to work with the UI Theme Designer (and not the old theme editor) you need to follow the steps in the below documentation.

Activating the UI Theme Designer - Portal - SAP Library

There is a way back, and you can switch it back to the old structure if you wish.

Regards,

Tuvia.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuvia,

We are already on NW 7.31 SP9. We have raised OSS to SAP for this issue and  applied latest patch for EP- BASIS and other patches as suggested by SAP but still no avail. Waiting for response from SAP to resolve this issue. Will update this thread once we get some solution..

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are still facing issues with theme editor and theme designer. One of the solution suggested by SAP is to upgrade to NW 7.31 SP12. Had a few queries though.

1) Does both theme editor and theme designer work in same stack in SP 12.

2) Post upgrade to SP 12 , will themes created in theme editor be editable in theme designer

2) is it possible that we enable theme designer (Set LAF with LESS property) , create new themes using theme designer and for old themes created using theme editor remove LESS property from LAF and then edit it ?

Any idea?

Regards,

Navya.

0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

If you switch to LESS mode you will be able to use only the new UI Theme Designer, but  you can switch the portal back  to work with the old Theme Editor(by deleting the value LESS that you added in order to move to LESS mode and restart the service).

In order to have the themes that you created in the old Theme Editor in the LESS mode, you need to export them and then after you switch to LESS mode import them(in the import they are transfomed to the new structure). Then you will be able to edit them using the UI Theme Designer(as if they were generated in the new UI Theme Designer)

If you switch back (not to use the LESS mode) the themes that you created in the new UI Theme Designer will not be available. But the themes that you created before in the old Theme Editor will stay the same, and will not be deleted or distorted (they are kept in a different location).

The custom themes created by the UI Theme Designer are stored in the WRR and are consist of less files and css files .

The themes created with the old theme editor are stored in xml format that is transformed to css files.

I hope that helps,

Tuvia.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuvia,

In order to have the themes that you created in the old Theme Editor in the LESS mode, you need to export them and then after you switch to LESS mode import them(in the import they are transfomed to the new structure). Then you will be able to edit them using the UI Theme Designer(as if they were generated in the new UI Theme Designer)

So basically in order to export the themes before enabling LESS, Do I need to go to System admin-> Transport Themes -> Download theme in .zip format and then after enabling LESS property import the theme by System admin-> Transport Themes -> Browse theme and import ?

Have you tried this functionality in NW 7.31 SP 12 ? Does it function fine?

Regards,

Navya.

0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Yes I did what you described above and it worked for me:-)

There is no harm in trying is since anyway you can always go back to you old theme in the old structure and no harm is caused.

Regards,

Tuvia.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any developer guide for theme designer in portal which shows which parameter to be modified in quick , expert and CSS tab and what would be its impact ?

Regards,

Navya

0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I don't think that there is a guide, but you can use the following blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/01/10/how-to-use-the-ui-theme-designer--par...

In addition for the different component  in AFP you can use these for examples:

sapPrtAFPQuickLaunchSearchTitleColor

for the TLN :

sapPrtAFPTlnFirstLevelTabStandardTextColor,

sapPrtAFPNewSubTabStandardColor,

sapPrtAFPNewSubTabStandardFont_family

For the DTN:

sapPrtAFPNewDtnTreeTextStandardColor

sapPrtAFPNewDtnTreeTextStandardFont_family

sapPrtAFPNewDtnTreeTextStandardFont_weight

sapPrtAFPDtnIconArrowCloseImage

sapPrtAFPDtnIconArrowOpenImage

sapPrtAFPNewDtnCollectionTitleColor

sapPrtAFPNewDtnCollectionTitleFont_family

etc.

For classic frameworkpage:

sapPrtMastHeadWelcomeFontColor

sapPrtMastHeadWelcomeFontStyle

sapPrtMastHeadWelcomeFontFamily

sapPrtMastHeadWelcomeBgImg

sapPrtMastHeadBrandingImg

sapPrtMastHeadBrandingImgBgRep

In general, for UI5 you have the ability to use CSS tab and the Quick tab(and UI5 is supported starting 7.31 SP12) but for AFP and classic only the Expert tab is available and the parameters are similar to the ones in  the Theme Editor.

Regards,

Tuvia.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuvia,

Thanks a tonne for your response. . Was looking out for a way by which in masthead ,  if we have any text then by using  which parameter could we align it in center/right. For example if there is a logo and some text after it in masthead . We need to align text in center and logo in left. Any idea if this could be achieved using theme designer ? Found that the property for logo image is sapPrtAFPMastheadLogoImage and for background container is sapPrtAFPMastheadLogobarContainerBgImg in theme designer but couldn't find a way to align those image in a particular way(right/left/center).

Regards,

Navya.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like finally the OSS reached u...