cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between EP & E Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SAP Netweaver EP 7.4 and E-Sourcing.They are not on the same box.

At present, we are using UME for authentication, in both - Portal & ESourcing. We would eventually be authenticating against the LDAP.

We have a link provided in the Portal that points to the ESourcing application. We want to implement SSO between the two.

I have a couple of questions regarding the same.

1. Should I be setting up SSO between Web AS (Java) servers - one hosting Portal & hosting ESourcing?

Or something like this,

2. How big of a transition would it be, when we migrate to LDAP?

Regards,

Reshma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reshma,

alternatively you may actually consider the folloiwing for your first point:

1)

For the second point it might be worthwhile looking at the UME/LDAP connection so you`d actuallh have Sourcing use the UME (see e.g. and then actually couple the UME to the LDAP.

2) Configuring the UME to Use an LDAP Directory as Data Source - Authentication and Single Sign-On - SA...

I hope this makes sense?

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joerg pointing to the UME to use LDAP as datasource. I will look into it.

I have set up the ESourcing application as an URL iView from Portal. But, it still prompts me to provide login credentials for ESourcing. The SSO doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any other suggestions.

Regards,

Reshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reshma ,

I assume that you`re as such moving forward with the UME for the SAP Sourcing users? If so make sure of the following:

1) What you did so far (iView) is the first step

2) Then make sure to establish trust between the systems - see also:

3) If you`re cross domain, as mentioend here don`t forget to the set the system property "system.security.csrf.trusted_referrer_domains" properly according to your setup. More details on this setting are also to be found in its description and/or in the Configuration Guide (https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000246342012E/cg90op_16.pdf).

Thanks for letting me know if it works then as expected.

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joerg for your patient reply.

I will try it out today and keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Reshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Joerg. The SSO Login b/w EP & Esourcing works great.

I had to get ESourcing person to set the bypass_error_block to true.

I seem to be having issues with the SSO Logout, though.

Thanks for your direction in implementing this.

Reshma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reshma,

not too sure what exact issues you`d have with the logout yet as a pointer see if the ESourcing resource can, similar to the bypass_error_block, also see in the Directory Configuration a Property that is called "ext_logout_page" as this might be what you`d need here?

It takes both absolute addresses or relative to the Sourcing servlet addresses. If in doubt stick to a full web address.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joerg. Sorry for the long delay. I was working on another integration. I will try this out and let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Reshma

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Could you please provide me help document for creation of System Alias between portal and E-Sourcing. or help url which would be greatly helpful to me.

Thanks,

SCN Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sankar,

Please refer to this.

http://scn.sap.com/people/gitit.sagiv/blog/2011/02/22/generic-system-destination-for-the-url-iview

We provided just these properties in the http system configuration.

Host Name:xxx.yyy.com

Port: 5XX000

Protocol: HTTP

System Name: zzzz

Set the System object Permissions. We gave Read-Only permissions to the role that this iview is assigned to. (You can test with providing Read-Only access to 'Everyone').

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Reshma

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

To Create System Alias for EP and E Sourcing, do we need to create use HTTP System while creation ?

How do i test my connection ? Iam getting Could not find Connection Factory value: null.

Also this system i want to use for creation new connection in UWL.

Could you please help me in this point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I too happen to get the same error when I try to do a test connection. But calling it via the URL iview works fine (ensure the portal is added as a trusted system in the target http system). I didn't get time to investigate the connection factory value: null error.

Regards

Reshma

Answers (0)