cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB907417 Office 2013 Live Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a new pc. I installed Office 2013 (and only this, not an other version before).

When I try to install Live Office 4.1 SP2, I've a problem with Microosft and I have to install KB907417 patch... I try to install it but this patch doesn't detect Office < 2013...

I looked at register base and I don't have any keys Office 12, 14 ... only Office 15

Can you help me?

Best regards

Yannick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KB907417 is for Office 2003, why do you need to install it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know but the setup asks me to install it!

But I don't understand why. I've just installed Office 2013 ans not 2003, 2007 or 2010... I looked at registar base and I don't find why it asks me this...

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you'e seen this KBA 1948397 - Live Office Installation fails with one of its
prerequisite of Microsoft Office Patch ?

Maybe somehow proper registry entries are not there and you can create them manualy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I don't know what I have to create in registry...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi COCHIE,

Did you manage to fix this?

Kind regards,
Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I don't know how to solve the problem...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cochie

Check out this thread. I had the same problem,

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=221869&sid=e73955cbe5f8c47235302f0e8a8854e1

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

thanks for providing the link. Unfortunately, the instruction for registry keys weren't detailed enough for me(I know very little about registry keys...).

Is there someone who would be able describe the addition of the keys in more detail? Attached is a screenshot of one of the keys that I have added in and which didn't work. I am guessing that I shouldn't have used the quotation marks or something along those lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lenka,

I'm not a registry keys expert as well, but I followed these instructions on the link I post earlier:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lenka,

As Jose mentioned, you can just paste my solution into a text document and then simply double click to execute it and it'll add the paths for you automatically.  That is the easiest solution.

The one you added is incorrect... it should look more like this: (Notice the InstallRoot is UNDER the common key).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petlev,

I tried to do the txt document approach, but it didn't work for me, hence my attempt to add the key manually. But anyway, thanks for the screenshot. That's exactly what I needed, problem sorted :-).

Thanks again for you help guys.

Lenka

0 Kudos

Hi,

just had the same issue. There is already a SAP Note available about this since June.

For further Reference:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2030526

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha! Well isn't that something.  This is the first time I've seen SAP take a solution word for word from the BOB boards and post it as a KB Note.  The note was released on 9-30-2014, about 3 months after I posted the solution and notified them, gotta love SAP's turnaround time.

Glad to see people are able to use it however and find the solution in multiple places now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue here on multiple machines.. some upgraded to Office 2013 from 2007, and others have fresh 2013 installs... neither one had the patch because it applies Only to 2003. (We tried to install it but installer says wrong version of office).

Seems to be a rather large bug if you cannot install at all   Going to contact SAP as soon as our IT dept gives me a test machine.

Oddly , I have LiveOffice installed on my PC , R4, no service packs, but not sure how it installed , it was back when I had office 2007... I do NOT have that KB patch on my PC either... strange.