Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDL and customer namespace

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The original question I've asked already in s blog but to get more visibility I repeat it here:

In all examples of the DDL (Data Definition Language), let it be in the documentation or in the above blog post, SAP is not using a namespace for the cds_entity names (the view names) and in my own system I'm not forced to use a customer name space (Z, Y, /xxx/).

Example (the view name is business_partner and not zbusiness_partner)

@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName: 'BPA_VW'

define view

business_partner as

select from snwd_bpa

{ key bp_id, company_name, bp_role }

Is it intended to be so? Isn't it dangerous in case SAP will ship a view called "business_partner" in the future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question, one would think that internally some prefix or suffix is being added to prevent naming collisions. If so, this should be mentioned in the documentation.

What happens when you try using an already existing DDIC view as cds_entity?

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question, one would think that internally some prefix or suffix is being added to prevent naming collisions. If so, this should be mentioned in the documentation.

What happens when you try using an already existing DDIC view as cds_entity?

Thomas

0 Kudos

If the view already exists, I'm not able to save generate the new DDL.

0 Kudos

This happens:

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

you are correct. We expect the same handling of DDL sources, CDS entities and sqlViews as we do for ABAP programs, classical DDIC objects, etc.

We are looking into this to see why this is currently not the case and I will post an update as soon as we know more.

In the meantime, since we do not (will not) prefix the objects internally, if you are developing CDS views in ABAP then you should prefix the objects with your namespace (as is also the case for other repository objects).

Kind regards

Chris