cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas flavors not fully transported to new system(s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced a recurring problem during the Persona transports. When we transport a flavor between two systems in many (if not most) times the flavors are not copied fully or not copied at all. We created two flavors for Xk01 and Xk02. When we moved into DEV from Sandbox, XK02 flavor did not turn up. Same case happened when ME1M flavor was transported successfully but MM02 was not. However, we can still see the new flavor added to the system, but the changes we made are not visible and the new flavor looks almost same as standard flavor.

Can the experts advise on this?

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hi abhijit,

did you report this as its certainly not expected..

if transport is successful for one transaction and not for other then may be problem is not with transport.

if applicable, have you checked for overwrite entries in both the system? kernel patch difference, etc, etc..

I would strongly recommend you to report this if not done already.

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have already raised this as an OSS message.

We have checked and the Kernel patch is same.

Can you guide about how to check for overwrite entries in both systems?

Regards

Abhi

0 Kudos

hi abhijit,

IF applicable for your transaction, please check the following note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1999747

You need to have same overwrites in both the system. I can certainly tell that MM02 transaction needs screen overwrite entries, so make sure its in both the systems.

Regards,

Sushant

former_member194736
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit -

Also for the transport issue - can you please make sure you have the very latest note installed on your environment.

Note 2007230 : Personas Client (Silverlight)

We found an issue recently related to transport on another customer instance, which was addressed in the recent Personas note.

Thanks

Vandana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant / Vandana,

Thanks to both of you for responding immediately.

I am sure that the note mentioned in Vandana's reply is not in the system, so we are doing that.

I will also check Sushant's note and apply the same as well if required.

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was right about the Kernel level, but wrong about the patch level. We need to apply (quiet a few) patches.....hopefully then we won't get this issue.

For now I am making this answered and if the issue persists, I will put another question.

Thanks to both of you for (as usual) very quick and accurate responses.

Regards

Abhi

klaudio_lilo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I also recommend checking the settings in SCC4 of the client where you are creating the transport. Go to SCC4 and check which checkbox is selected under "Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects"

Make sure you have selected "Automatic recording of changes".

Regards,

Klaudio

Answers (0)