cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: not allowed over OLAP VIEW : search without aggregation or grouping by expression other than view column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working  on HANA DB. I have created analytical view over tables and also made a copy of predefined analytical view for example:

While I am trying to access the  throw IDT Connection it throwing error on  displaying data of analytical view.

Eorr is: "SAP DBTech JDBC: [7]: feature not supported: not allowed over OLAP VIEW : search without aggregation or grouping by expression other than view column"

Even I am not able to display data on IDT under the business layer same error occurs: 

Thanks in advance,

Manoj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj, I see you asked this question a while ago but i had the same error and was able to figure it out. If you go to your analytic view, and select data preview. If everything is right, you will see your data. In the top right is a show log button. From there you can see the SQL used to view your Analytic view. Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Connor,

Thank you for replying, I was using "SAP HANA 30-Day Trial" that had been expired so it can't be accessed.

Thanks,

Manoj Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221711
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I was facing the same issue and solution which worked for me is:

1. Created a calculated column in analytic view.

2. In the SQL Script section of calculation view i used an aggregation function (SUM) on the column which i created in the earlier step followed by GROUP BY clause.

Conclusion:

Basically what i understood from all the reading i have done related to this error is: Whenever we use an Analytic view in a Calculated View a GROUP BY clause is necessary which in turn requires us to have an Aggregation Function  in our query.