cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe of an InfoCube on BW HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with the performance of a report in Web Intelligence BO 4.1, I hope that somebody can help me.

I did a universe with a connection Data Federator, the source of the connection is an InfoCube Optimized on BW HANA. After that I´ve created a report in Web Intelligence, this report have mandatory filters  for year, month and version but despite of that the InfoCube is Optimized on BW HANA the report don´t have a good perfomance. The Infocube have about 1 million records.

Somebody knows if is recommendable to create connections Data Federator on InfoCubes Optimized? or Is it better to use connections BICS for to create reports on InfoCubes Optimized?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been doing a tests with BICS and Data Federator connections and I could see the next:

1. For this case the BICS connection have a better performance.

2. Data Federator allow Drill down, but BICS not.

3. For BW objects is better to use BICS connection, because many calculations are done faster.

Thanks for your answers!

Regards!

0 Kudos

Hi,

its all about BICS....all about BICS!

In your case i would create a BEx Query on Top of your InfoCube and connect WebI directly via BICS to your BEx Query.

Maybe this is also from interest:

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the document! I have created others reports with BICS but for this case I need to create a Drill Down in the report. Do you know if with BICS I can create Drill Down?

Thanks and regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lilia,

If you use BEx Query on top of InfoCube with BICS Connection to develop WebI Report then please find the below link's for Drill Down feasibility which you have to consider.

BI 4.0 :Drill down by double clink on Object/Graph : View Idea

With Regards,

Raji. S