cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Data Access for Oracle 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

for a solution in my company I want to use "Smart Data Access" as the replication tool of Oracle DB tables in SAP HANA DB. I have read that "Smart Data Access for HANA" supports the Oracle 12c version. However, I am using Oracle 11g version, can someone please confirm that "Smart Data Access" also supports the Oracle DB 11g version.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

I know also only this note 1868209. With Smart Data Access only 12c is supported. The only problem with this is, that SAP did not released 12c for SAP customers.

Regards,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

I implemented the Smart Data Access in my company's lab with the Oracle 11g (11.2.0.3), the same way that I implemented for Oracle 12c. Both are running and accessible for queries and dml commands. The ODBC driver for 12c can be used for older Oracle database versions.

Regards,

Rogério

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Can you please provide what steps needs to perform in terms of configuration?

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin.

I am sorry, I am not trained in Smart Data Access.

I am familiar with Oracle and SAP and with the tools that both company supported regarding the others.

I have only one small addition to this thread. Oracle 12c is planned to be released in Q1 2015 (see Development Update on scn.sap.com/community/oracle) so afetr the official release you could use 12c (incl. 12c Instant Client) without any restrictions I know.

Regards,

János

christinahalim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rogerio,

Could you please let me know what other settings that are different from Oracle 12c (for version 11.2.0.3)?

We set it up and when connecting to remote oracle db (from HANA Studio), we got this error:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [403]: internal error: Cannot get remote source objects: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified.

Do you have any advise for us?

Thanks,

Christina Halim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the below trade.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3336364

Also check if your odbc.ini file has correct data source name defined. With SUSe Linux I see some bug which refer to /etc/odbc.ini. In my case I have created soft link from /etc to the place where my unixOdbc driver is installed. e.g. under /etc created soft link odbc.ini --> /etc/unixODBC/odbc.ini

Regards,

Nitin

christinahalim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for your kind help. Let me try it out and I will let you know. Thanks again.

Regards,

Christina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogério,

I am trying to establish smart data access to oracle to my customer box and facing segmentation fault issues. Can you kindly let me know what would be missing here.I can see index server crashing with out of memory issues as well.

when i try to do isql -v ORCL we get segmentation fault. Not sure what is missing.

I did all the settings like

1. installation of oracle 12c on windows 2012 box

2. installation of unixodbc 2.3.4 on hana box suse linux sp3

3. configure .customer.sh

4. configure .odbc.ini in SIDADM

5. install oracle 12c client and odbc drivers

and finally trying to test the connection from command line with unixodbc command isql -v ORCL and it throws an error segmentation fault.

when i try to create the connection in HANA studio connection gets created and immediately it goes into testing mode and fails with error and we get connection reset and index server restarts. when we check index server log it says Out of Memory.

Can you kindly help/advise what would be missing here? I am i missing any setting or any configurations which need to be done either from oracle side or from hana box?

Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can some one share if you have any solution for the problem posted by me? Any known solution from your end?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can only see Oracle 12c supported and NOT 11G.

1868209 - SAP HANA Smart Data Access: Central Note

In that case 11G is not supported.

Regards

RB