cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CESerializedSession in BO 4.1 SP2Patch1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had implemented CESerializedSession to display the dashboard executed user name on xcelsius dashboards in BO launchpad and it worked fine.

After upgrading to BO 4.1 SP2 Patch1 the flash variable (CESerrializedSession) is not working.

Is it a bug? Please let me know how to get BO user name in xcelsius dashboards on 4.1 SP2 P1.

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your issue resolved? Might help others while searching for answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Did you find any solution for this? We have migrated BO from version 3.1 to 4.1SP2. We have implemented CESerializedSession to obtain user name in the Dashboards. It was working fine in Xcelsius 2008 version, but not working in Dashboards 4.1.

I tried removing and recreating flash variable for this, but still not working. Any thoughts?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Ravi.

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try creating a test dashboard with only the flash variable output mapped to a label component. Check what is the output being displayed and based on that, you can filter out the user name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I did try creating the new flash variable on a blank dashboard and mapping it to label component.

Below is the CESerializedSession flash variable result in SAP Dashboard 4.1, it shows some cryptic value instead of showing the userName (Administrator in this example).

It works absolutely fine in 3.1 environment (Xcelsius 2008) as below.

I'm wondering why/how the BI4.1 pulling this cryptic name instead of the user name in the session. Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thank you.

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked with our system and the user name would appear against the parameter 83&35. Can you check what is the value coming up against this parameter in 4.1? It would ideally hold the user name.

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try deleting and recreating the flash variable from the dashboard; we had the same issue and this solution worked.

Regards,

Shwetha