cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR9 activex viewer, IE8, win 7 oh my

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah this stuff is still out there. for better or worse I got it.  As i recall this was often a problematic install, and I've got symptoms I've never seen before.

I hope someone here can provide some insight.

Given the environment in the title:  the viewer will download on request and the viewer will display -- but there's no data/pages. The controls are there, the export dropdown drops but no visible data.   I've dug a bit here or there and thought a clean-out of the registry would do the trick (there were references in there to "9.2" and that led me to believe there was some sort of conflict with an earlier version in some of the registry entries.)

Other machines, identical environment have no trouble, still others have the old stand-by red x.

Any guidance here? or somewhere else in the community?

As an aside, CR9 does have to go away here  -- What would the replacement be? Is _that_ more, errr, friendly?

thanks, everyone!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You main problem is the OS. There have been way too many changes from when CR 9 released and WIN 7. And a lot of those changes affect activex, permissions and security. If you want to work with current Operating Systems, you will have to upgrade to currently supported versions of CR (CR 9 has been out of support for years.). And VS...

My recommendation would be VS 2010 or 2012, or 2013 and SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET, SP 9.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)