Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC - new tab instead of window

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this question was discussed some days ago, but I come from a different angle. Not programming anything, just working using standard transaction. Of course when you come from the index page, the NWBC nicely opens a new tab for every transaction you start. But on the next tab you have the standard SAP GUI icons, also the one which opens a new session - and this one opens a new window, not a new tab. Is there any way to force the NWBC to open a new tab instead? Even more, I have a transaction (/SCWM/MON), where we use hotspots, so you can drill down for example to documents. There is a user parameter to control if the details are shown in a new window or the existing window. If I select new window, I also want to have a new tab instead.

I have checked the personalization settings, but found nothing there. Using NWBC Desktop Version 4.0

Brgds

Juergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I have bad and good news.

The bad news is that the SAP GUI integration for NWBC 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 exactly ends at the new session button. It is not only a new window, ... no it is a new external SAP GUI window in a different process (not the NWBC process). It is not planned to implement a solution for that within NWBC 4.0 and SAP GUI 7.30, because this is something more complex and should not be part of a patch. The new session button is an internal function of SAP GUI with its own logic, so that both products have to implement a logic together.

At the end the answer is that there is no setting which allow you to create a new session (triggered via SAP GUI button)  in a new tab.

The good news is, that exactly this is planned for the next major releases of both involved products (NWBC and SAP GUI). We are currently working on a more smooth integration of SAP GUI into NWBC which closes all of these open gaps especially the "create new session" function.

I hope this will answer your question allthough there is no real solution at the moment.

Best Regards,
Thomas

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

not the answer I hoped for, of course, but one I almost expected.

Thank you

Juergen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the update on these changes, I think this may be what is causing our time out issues and requiring our users to log back in when working in one session and other times out.

Will this be addressed in NWBC 5.0

Thanks

Vickie

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue in NWBC 5.0. Every time the new session opens in the new window and not in the new tab.

0 Kudos

Same Issue is still there in NWBC 5.0 PL2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We see the same thing...we also get a pop-up asking if we want to exit session, do you see that as well?

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

have you tried the settings in PFCG?

BR

Melinda

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Melinda,

just tried, but does not solve my issue. This only refers to the transaction you assign this setting to, but not for the icon which opens a new session. And if I understand the help correctly, from NWBC 4.0 with tabs, both selections work the same way anyway?

Brgds

Juergen