cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal 7.31 SP 4 theme in theme editor is saved but after new login disapears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masters,

I have the following issue using theme editor in portal 7.31 sp4. I open the SAP Tradeshow (or another one) theme and click Save as to save it as new to change it. I enter new name and in some minutes the theme is saved. When I go back to the Theme editor i can see the new theme. But if I close the browser, log off logon again the new theme disappears from the list of themes in the Theme editor. I tried also clearing browser cache. I am using IExplorer (tried in compatability mode also). In Firefox a theme cannot be opened at all. In previous portal versions I have not met such a issue. Do you have any suggestions what could be the problem here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved by changing the version value of the theme in the PCD Inspector.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

great that you could solve it yourself! Please mark your answer as the correct one, so that the thread is shown as answered and others can find your solution, too.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Obviously the workaround worked but only for a while. Now the theme exists in the list but I get:

com.sapportals.portal.design.PortalDesignException: DesignInfo "custom_theme" is not known by design manager. at com.sapportals.portal.design.impl.design.DesignManager.getDesign(DesignManager.java:165)

Any suggestions how to solve that now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your SP level is way behind. SAP has done considerable changes to the LAF during the past year or so. It is still not working perfectly but I myself wouldn't use anything older than SP10. Anyway regarding your problem, are you running multiple servers e.g. is it a cluster environment? Can you see the custom theme by using the portal component /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.themes.archive.download? When you save the theme in the Theme Editor, is anything recorded in the defaultTrace?