cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt why my post got rejected. attached is the screen shot of the mail I received. want to know why it got rejected, so that can be cautious in future.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are not just tons but megatons of information all over internet on any possible aspect of ALV programming. 99.9% questions that mention ALV have already been answered somewhere at least 5 years ago or simply require a developer to do their job and apply some analytical skills to figure out a solution.

If you believe that you've done absolutely everything possible and have no other option but to ask on SCN then wouldn't it make sense to at least add more details to the post? E.g. what specific actions were taken ("whatever I do" doesn't tell us anything, unfortunately). Or post a code fragment, so that we don't have to guess.

There are many great blogs on how to post questions (here and here, for example). If you follow those suggestions it's very unlikely your posts will ever be moderated.

Good luck!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iamvivekrk
Participant
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek Raj Kumar

what  do you think why moderators are removing redundant questions?

One reason is that the user is asked to search himself, since there is an awful lot of existing content to take the answer from. With each redundant question it becomes a little harder to find the good stuff.

Now we are discussing here the reason for the rejection, but what you are actually doing is not apreaciated at all, as you are actually stab in to the back of a moderator by answering a redundant question, even in a rule violating way,   and trying to legitinate your answer by saying that we have strict rules.

Instead of answering and supporting users who do not search you should support the moderators to get rit of this unwanted content by clicking the alert.

Now to your rule violation, your coding is taken from this post: field catlog | SCN

without giving attribution to the original poster.

iamvivekrk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Jurgen L,

I am sorry I meant to bring the point of highlighting the 'Subject Line' and I am not opposing SCN rules anyway. 

"field catlog" was the thread with multiple answers and I thought this piece would suit to solve the issue. I am not aware how to tag the user to honour his answer but I have 'Liked' the post before sharing it.

If this seems to be an offence. I am really sorry and I am removing the comments.

SCN Moderators are really brilliant in doing their job!.. I really appreciate the steps towards the uniqueness of knowledge sharing platform.

Thanks Jurgen. Have a good day!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do agree that redundant and repeated queries on the same subject are a pain. I deal with these every day. However I always felt that rejecting the post is such an unfriendly action. After all, one of the SCN community's stated values is "inclusivity" not rejection. To be honest, if I'd enter a new forum and got rejected on my 1st post, I'd probably never come back. And you may say "good riddance", but perhaps with a bit more of a gentle guidance, I will become a valued member sharing my vast knowledge of what ever the forums are about.

In other words, rather than reject, would it be a better idea to say something like:

Your query has been answered a number of times. Please use the search box in the top right corner to find your answer before posting. Also, please have a look at the SCN Rules of Engagement.

Providing an actual link to the Rules of Engagement is..., well yeah, customer friendly(?). Too often I see people saying "go read this and that" without providing a link to this and that. Putting my self into the position of the OP, and answer like that is just irritating because SCN is not an easy place to navigate or understand or find things in (not a criticism of SCN, it's just such a huge place).

My plugged nickel's worth

- Ludek

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This email is auto generated, the moderator cannot be blamed for this email.

We talked already about this email phrase in the Moderator forum.

The characters to give a note on the rejection reason is very limited.

Your customer friendly proposal would not fit in there.

I often send direct messages if it happens with a users first post.

But I already said it in the response to 's blog that the direct messages do often not reach the user.

And just turning the question into a non-profit discussion or locking it does not solve the issue, contrary they all show up in the search, making it even worse to find the right answer.

Anyway I was not the moderator who had rejected his question.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the auto generated email is the issue here. It is the rejection that initiates the auto email that is the issue. I will maintain till I'm blue in the face that efficiency is a good thing, but it needs to done with care. E.g.; a customer friendly response should always fit - one way or another.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the reason given by a moderator is not in the email, it is in SCN in your notifications.

click the Actions Icon on top right

in the next screen click the notifications tab and you will see the notification.

I hope you have read the forum rules, as one of the rules is asking for unique content.

To ensure your question is unique you have to search.

for the error "Field catalog not found" you can get 43 results in the ABAP forum. There should be enough discussions which could answer your question.

for the function module reuse_ALV_fieldcatalog_merge you can even find 2646 threads in SCN.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just checked, and in this instance, no reason was given. However, the reason it was reported is:

Search before post, i think this question can be solved by simple searching.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't say exact reason.

But  as my guess you may be posted thread with out search or its basic issue or already discussed one.

By simple search i got lot of discussed threads on scn for the same/similar issue.

Let me google that for you

Before posting better search on Google with similar or exact error messages. You may find useful information if existed.

Thanks

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As per message (from moderator) it says you had violated RoE that made moderator to reject your post.There could be reason like copy-paste, content already exists on SCN etc. Did you check ?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you attempted to search scn, sap help, google, etc for the answer?