cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent the db adapter, which is attached to a window, from deleting data in database when the data in the attached window has expired?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the problem I've got:

In the ESP project, I have a window that do some operations on the input data, and I have a db adapter that attach the window and insert the data in the database.

At first, every row in the window will be inserted in the database. But as time goes by, some rows in the windows will expire, and at the same time, the db adapter will make the database also delete the corresponding data in database.

In my case, I don't want the db adapter to delete any rows in the database.

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kevin - there are a couple of different ways to address this, depending on the use case.  Start by reading this post.  The simplest is to configure the adapter for Data Warehouse mode - if that works for your use case.

And if that doesn't meet your needs, there are other options that can be considered:

- feed the window through a stream (which will strip out the deletes)

- set up a Flex operators to filter based on opCodes or otherwise transform events - including their opCodes

- and it doesn't sound like you are using updates, but just an FYI, there is a new feature coming in SP08 called "Keyed Streams" that adds some additional flexibility

Answers (0)