cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nZDM/SUM -Phase RUN_CRR_LAST aborts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in a process of EHP 6 upgrade  on WIN2008 and got stuck in the execution. We are getting the following message in SUM (10SP07):

Checks after phase MAIN_SWITCH/SUBMOD_SWITCH_OLDREL/SUBMOD_CRR_LAST_CHTRANS/RUN_CRR_LAST were negative!

The error we find in the logs is - No tasks exist for transition "LAST_TRANSFER" and scenario "ISU".

We have followd note 167856 which describes this issue, however we are not able to start and stop the transfer as mentioned inthe note.

In transaction crr_control the status is " The replication of recordedchanges is not enabled".

When we try to start the transfer wee see a message on the bottom of the screen "transfer of changes is not enabled". and In the log section there is the message "No tasks exist for transition LAST_TRANSFER and scenario ISU".

We tried stopping and starting the shadow instance and reexecuting the phase in SUM but it continues to fail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Basis

Did you solved your problem?Could you help to share the solution?

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

To restart the replication of recorded changes go to transaction CRR_CONTROL in the shadow system.  I need to restart the process with user DDIC.

Select Control --> Start Transfer

This will trigger a batch job.  The problem that I saw is that a previous run of this job had failed.

Again within CRR_CONTROL, select Contrl --> Stop Transfer.  This will allow the batch job to finish successfully.  I was then able to restart  phase RUN_CRR_LAST and it finished successfully.

One other thing to consider here is that I was using SUM 1.0 SP11 rather than SP7.

Regards,

Mike Sharrar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I really appreciate your kindly reply,However I checked the jobs runing by DDIC,there is no failed job before.

I have opend an oss ,waiting for answer.

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you also checked SAP note 1678564 as Deepak suggested above?  This note provides additional troubleshooting steps for nZDM.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1678564

Regards,

Mike Sharrar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mike

I have checked the note,and no help.The transfer could not start due to error "The replication of recorded changes is not enabled".

Regards,

Zhang hanyu

HencoCoetzer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What was the end result regarding the "The replication of recorded changes is not enabled" problem which you had?

I'm in the same position now with my system and I've logged a call to SAP about it.

Thanks

Henco

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Henco, Zhang and others,

did you try killing the corresponding job process? Please refer to note #2059084, which asks to kill the process (for another purpose, but it still valid). Then restart CRR_CONTROL.

Another know reason for the hanging/delay are the RSZ* tables, which belongs to BEx analyzer. They have a special delivery logic, which can take long processing when being copied online in nZDM procedure. Please use the very last version and patch level of SUM always.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas,

Is SAP NOTE# 2059084 not released for all users? I been getting 'Document not released' for quite a long time.

Regards

Chandra

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

actually I had to place it "in process" again due to some adjustments on its information.

Can you please share what specific information are you looking for? Did you hit any error in CRR* phases?

Regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

I am trying keep updated on the happenings around nZDM as am driving the implementation of nZDM for our environment.

Please let me know once it's GA.

Regards

Chandra

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

ok, thank you. Please always use the very last patch level of SUM to ensure an optimized upgrade procedure.

As an additional information I suggest you to add the following lines to the file CRRTABLIST.LST , as they have caused some minor delays within CRR:

E SMIMCONT1

E SMIMLOIO

E SMIMLOIOT

E SMIMLOPR

E SMIMLORE

E SMIMLORI

E SMIMPHF

E SMIMPHHR

E SMIMPHIO

E SMIMPHPR

E SMIMPHRE

E SMIMPHRI

This will exclude them from CRR copy. You must fill this .LST file before starting the upgrade - or at least before starting phase MODFILE_CRRTABLIST.

Regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Are these set of tables won't ever require to be part of CRR? I understood if I put them in exclusion list of tables they won't be part of CRR and will be taken care during Downtime.

Please elaborate

Regards
Chandra

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

correct. By putting them on the exclusion list they will not be processed by CRR and will be handled during downtime.

However due to their small size it will not affect the performance or duration of the downtime.

Regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody have the solution for this?
Because the suggestion mentioned above doesn't help in my case.

thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you found a solution for this ? I have same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I had the same issue during my last upgrade, when I restarted the shadow instance I got below message:

After some digging in the system it found out that job RSUPG_ISU_CRR was cancelled due to the shadow instance stop/start, so the solution is to restart that job in SM37.

After CRR_CONTROL looked better :

I hope that it will help you !

best regards.

Karolina

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Could you refer troubleshooting steps in SAP note

1678564 - Restrictions, Database-specific Settings, and Troubleshooting of nZDM for SUM

4.4. Phase RUN_CRR_LAST: No tasks exist for transition "LAST_TRANSFER" and scenario "ISU"
The above mentioned error message is displayed in log file RSCRRLST.ELG. To solve the issue, proceed as follows:

1. Log on to the shadow instance.
  2. Start the transfer as described in section Using the Record and Replay Technique in nZDM in the SUM guide.
  3. Stop the transfer as described in section Using the Record and Replay Technique in nZDM in the SUM guide.
  4. Repeat the phase.

If above solution does not work , please raise an OSS under BC-UPG-DTM-TLA

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I followed these instructions, however I cannot start the transfer. When I try to enable it I get the message "transfer of changes is not enabled" and the status stays in red.

I contacted OSS, waiting for their reply.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

I feel that it is a problem with SUM1.0 SP07 .

As per SAP note 1678565 - Prerequisites, Terms and Conditions for nZDM/SUM

• Install an Enhancement Package on top of any ABAP system with a target release based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2, SP8 or higher, e.g. :
    • Install SAP Enhancement Package 5 on a SAP ERP 6.0 system with SAP Enhancement Package 4
    • Install SAP Enhancement Package 2 on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (ABAP)

Can we check this with SP08 or higher patch of SUM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was facing the same problem in my upgrade to CRM 7.0 EHP3.

I also got the error message "transfer of changes is not enabled" in crr_control  shortly after restarting my shadow instance and one step before the system downtime began.

The solution for me was to search in sm37 of the shadow instance for aborted jobs of user ddic.

I had two aborted jobs that had something to do with crr_contol.

After rescheduling the aborted jobs I was able to see the crr_control running again.

I didn't even have to restart the transfer.

Regards

Andi

michael_sharrar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepak. I ran into this issue while applying ECC 6.0 EPH5 SP12 with SUM 1.0 SP11.

Starting and then stopping the CRR transfer via CRR_CONTROL resolved my issue.  I was able to repeat the phase and continue with the SUM extraction phase.

Best regards,

Mike Sharrar