cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement bi content

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap experts.

im new in sap bi and have some questions.

we recently install bi content on ides server and now want to test it on ides server too.

can anybody explain for me how can i implement for example financial accounting in bi content? can you tell me what should i do step by step?

thanks for your helps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the basis team was installed properly BI cont on bw server thats fine.

its not easy to test all modules. if basis team was installed properly then every thing will be alright.

Even if you want check about Ex -  FI-AA(Asset accounting) Then you install them.

About steps, please search on google, you will get well defined PDF and couments.

Let me google that for you

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramanjaneyulu.

thanks for reply and sorry for my delay.

i do this work and i select material stock/movements.

now i have datasource , info source , info cube .

but info cube has not any data.

in sm58 when i execute luw,system says that "target system/gateway not active sap sm58" ,can you help me please?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we know what data source/info cube your using to see the data?

if your using any data source which starts with 2LIS* those need to fill setup tables at source side.

Thanks

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

facing the same problem, how did you resolved it ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many posts on this ... kindly search ….you find good amount of discussion and documents on this  go thru this … we may get ..

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a66d5e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi krish and thanks for your help.

i install business content like the link,but what should i do in modeling after that? i want to see my data in data source or data in infocube but all of them are empty!

thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BI content activation - just we are making data source/cube/transformations/.info pack/dtp/reports and all objects into active version from delivered.

New BW never holds data. Once we maintained required data flow structure later we need to load the data from sources to bw cubes.

Please be familiar with BW concepts.

Like 1. Data modeling

2. Extraction

3. Reporting

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see the data in info cube or the target ... we need to load the date ( as above extraction process ) a data source with respective to standard content - target  is required . So we need to enable the data source in the source side ( ECC or flat file or CRM ) in RSA5 installation and post processing ras6 then trigger infopcakage and respective DTP to fill the data in the respective targets .( considering in data flow before )

Regards,