cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs to clear tablespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running a heavy load of data using BPM process from a file. My scenario is FILE>BPM>R/3. The tablespaces get rapidly filled. I have scheduled the jobs SAP_BC_XMB_ARCHIVE_100 and SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_100 to run every 5 hours and also set PERSIST_DURATION parameter for ASYNC messages to 1 day.

Is there anything else that could help me in removing filled in tablespaces rapidly as soon as the message is processed???

Also does anybody have an idea on how much message size the XBTO queue can manage ??

I had been increasing tablespace memory to accomadate the increasing inbound volume and I think this is not an optimal way of doing things using XI.

Any suggestions guys!!!

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SWWL only removes the work items...I've also been running SWWH to remove the work item history. More recently I went to running transaction code SWWL_TOPLEVEL that gets the header work item and all dependencies...it appears to be working as I am running this now in our systems to purge the BPM information. It seems a little easier to manage and run on a daily basis.

Amber

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

you can minimize the size of several message by setting the integration engine parameters "runtime/logging" and "runtime/trace_level" to 0.

Regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Theresa,

as the file goes through the AFW, did you setup archiving for the AFW? This is done in the RWB under the component monitoring, then choose the apdater engine and there a message archiving button shows up.

As the AFW data is held in the JAVA Stack this will archive this data. There is a documentation in help.sap.com how to setup the job etc. This is still a very basic interface to the archiving of the AFW messages and still has flaws. Our basis person has written about 4 times to OSS since when the job breaks you have now cluse why and the SAP experts have to take a look.

Also I believe that the BPM needs archiving, e.g. regular workflow archiving of steps etc.

I hope this helps.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

We haven't set up the archiving at AFW level yet but we do delete the work items using SWWL transaction at regular intervals. Will this do for the work items triggered by BPM??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theresa,

SWWL should do it to my knowledge.

Your DBA can tell you what table have the growth, either it is in the ABAP stack or the JAVA stack. The AFW is in the JAVA stack and was growing very big on our system. The ABAP stack was ok after deleting the messages every day and the SWWL archiving. Now the AFW Archiving is working too.

Cheers

Stefan