Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Analysis for Office.. Error message: precalculation of instance

ralphkornack
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

We're using:

SAP BusinessObjects BI-Plattform 4.0  SP2 Patch 16 (14.0.2.703)

SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 1.4, , Edition für Microsoft Office - Add-On für BI-Plattform 4.1 (1.4.0.167)

on the Server

and

Analysis for MS Office 1.4 on the client

SSO between the SAP BO 4.0 SP2 Server and the SAP/BW System is enabled.

Now we are trying to schedule a workbook for precalculation and we are getting the following error:

precalculation of instance <number> failed with error 31

I haven't found any hints for that or for another error message for Analysis for MS Office

regards

Ralph.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Seems to be that there is another case where you are getting the error 31. Our AD and SAP users have to change their PW after a given time period. One of this users has scheduled an AO workbook some weeks ago. Now the PW has to be changed since last weekend (which means on saturday). The user has done the PW change on monday morning. All jobs between the necesary PW change and setting the new PW ran into the error 31.

AO 4.1 SP5

Precalculation BIP Addon 1.4 SP9

Is it a bug or a feature?

That means only a user without PW change - e.g. SERVICE user (no PW change, dialog) or SYSTEM (no PW change, no dialog) user could be used for that whithout problems for a longer time period (if PW changes are included in this period)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We discovered the error to be caused by expired user BW passwords.  Fewer than 1% of our users login to BW with their SAP user IDs and passwords. Therefore their passwords naturally expire but their accounts remain active. Windows authentication is utilized through SSO for report viewing. Because of this, expired BW passwords do not impact user access to reports.

Analysis workbook scheduling for accounts with expired passwords will generate the BOE instance manager error "precalculation of instance <number> failed with error 31".  Once the user's password has been reset, the scheduled Analysis workbook executes through BOE.

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 2 Patch 4

Version: 14.1.2.1250

http://www.sap.com/bi-solutions/

HANA

Analysis for Office 1.4 SP7

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Precalculation error : 31

This should solve with below note

Please follow

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2065332

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hello

I'm getting following error:

Precalculation of instance <number> failed with error 47

We are running

BI 4.1 SP3

Analysis add-on 1.4 SP7 (14.1.3.1257)

Analysis for office 1.4.7.3073

The BEx query has no prompts defined...

Any suggestions?

REgards

Filip

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Flip,

in our case this was missing .net which is not only necessary in the latest Version but also in 3.5 on server side.

Besically we should all make tikets. If they are getting enough ticket, we will get error messages as a text and not only numbers.

Regards,

Torsten

0 Kudos

Hello Torsten

Thanks

Installing .NET 3.5.1 framework fixed Error 47

I fully agree with your statement and I have logged a ticket for support requesting more helpful error messages.

I now ended with error 31 which I see is related to SSO.

Thanks for the quick reply and help!

Regards

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after upgrading to BIP AddOn SP07 we are getting error 31, too. Some reports are still working and others show error 350. All of them worked before the update.

Logfile of the report with error 350 shows the following:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The reports were created with client version 1.4 SP5, BIP is running on 4.1 SP2.

Regards

Mark

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, 350 is new. I have an open ticket concerning that error. No idea what this is. Furthermore I'm getting another error sometimes "Document does not contain OLAP Connections" which is simply wrong.

Regards,

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Torsten,

I'm glad to see that others are experiencing the same error. Please let me know if you get any new information regarding this problem.

According to the log file it seems to be a .NET issue. But the error message is very generic and appears in many other applications, too. If it is an programming error, then I wonder why not all of my workbooks are affected.

Regards
Mark

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Answer from the development support:

issue has been reproduced and fixed. The associated correction will be

included in release of BIP Addon Analysis Office 1.4 SP08 which will

be released shortly.

Please have a look at sap note 1518359 for the planned release date.

Regards,

Torsten

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

We have now installed 1.47 AO Client and BIP package and scheduling is basically working. But it is working in another way than expected. After Scheduling there is no history option in the AO File context menu. Which means the only way to open the scheduled document seems to be the instance manager.

If that is intended it is not very usefull. How should an end user open the new version? The end users are going to the folder where the workbook is stored and then they will open it. What they see now should be the scheduled version. But that is the old version which is stored manually.

I have no idea where the file which is shown in the instance manager is stored. This is definetly another file with another *.SAPAOX Filename.

Do I miss something?

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I have talked to the AO product manager. At the moment AO has only a limited support of scheduling. Which means history and last instance are not included. This will be added in future. There is no time schedule available for this features at the moment. Variables will be added also - maybe in the same step.

My opinion is that this feature only makes sense combined with mail (BO internal or standard mail) at the moment.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

Please see Figure 6 here

You need to be on BI4.1 to do this

Also, I recommending updating to the latest Analysis 1.4 SP7

Tammy

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Another information: If you use server logon groups you should also use 1.4.7 Version of BIP Addon (which should be released this week) according to support.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Torsten for that information.

It doesn't look like the BIP 1.4.7 add-on is out yet - will check later this week

ralphkornack
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

At First many thanks for your quick answer.

I have to made a correction for the installed Version.

The installed Version is:

Update for SP2 Patch 4 for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 (14.1.2.1250)

That was my fould. I did not read the inventory.txt right.

The question is:

Where can I find additional hints for the error message.

Ralph

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure where to look more on the platform

In Analysis Office, you can go to Analysis > Settings > Support Settings for additional logs - see picture below

When it comes to the platform, I know there are logs, I am just not sure where to look; maybe others have some ideas

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I have learned from the support that there is no additional text information at the moment. They will add text information in future releases. But at the moment you need someone who knows this codes. I know the following error codes in scheduling:

Code 32 Server Group Logon not supported (for versions before 1.4.7 + corresponding BIP Addon)

Code 40 Unsupported document extension

Code 47 Mission .NET Libraries on Server

Maybe someone has experience with this code you get.

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

Update: It is available since yesterday. We will install it within this week. I hope server groups will work now!

ralphkornack
Participant
0 Kudos

I have learned from the log files and the support and the Community Network that code 31 is a problem with the SSO connection between BO and BW. That was our problem.

Code 31 Problems with SSO between BO and BW

filipe_zeuch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The log files of the jobs can be found in logging folder of the BOE.

The default path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging".

The log file of an AO scheduled workbook can be found by the name "Analysis_Precalculation_[JobName]_[InstanceID].log".