Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SAP Provided oData services

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I saw that sap has many pre-delivered many oData services.

SAP NetWeaver Gateway Supported OData Channel Scenarios - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Has anyone configured them and got to work?

I have a Hub Scenario and see that IW_CNT is a requirement for each of them. Configuration guide says that this is a component to be installed on the HUB server. Does it mean that DPC and MPC are going to be in the HUB for these scenarios? What if I want MPC DPC to be in backend ?

Any experience or comment is welcome.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Atanu is right. You either need to deploy either IW_CNT on systems prior to 7.40 and IW_FNDGC on 7.40 systems in the Hub.

The services themselves are in maintenance mode and are not developed further. That's why they have been packed in 7.40 in a separate AddOn and are not shipped as part of the 7.40 standard.

This is because we (SAP) do not plan to ship content via SAP NetWeaver Gateway but rather are shipping services as part of complete solutions such as SAP Fiori.

Though the customer can use the services I would recommend to develop your own services instead (the BAPI's hat have been used are listed in the SAP Online Help).

Another option if no development is wished would be to have a look at the applications that we are shipping with SAP Fiori.

Best Regards,

Andre

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the information.

Why is recommendation to develop our own services rather using these? Is it because they are not based on latest/recomended development approach?

If we use these services is there a framework to extend these services? Like *DPC_EXT classes?

I guess no, please correct me.

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The recommendation to use own services based on IW_BEP is that they are extensible.

The services you mentioned are not based on IW_BEP but on the following deprecated OData Channel implementation on the hub

Hub OData Channel without IW_BEP - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

You are however free to use the services.

Best Regards,

Andre

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Just want to clarify on the first sentence.

I am on 740 Stack.
So I need BOTH IW_CNT and IW_FNDGC if I need those services. Is that right?

Thanks
Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the URL it seems these are SDATA services. I think SDATA is not encouraged anymore, not sure if it is termed as 'deprecated'.

I feel you need to install IW_CNT and IW_FNDGC in the HUB.

May be can comment here

Regards,

Atanu