cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File/Hadoop Csv Input Adapter Cannot Read File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the problem:

I want to use to file/hadoop csv input adapter to load a test.csv file into the attached window. The following is the snap screen.

And the corresponding csv file is like this:

1,a

2,b

3,c

But, when I started the project, I found nothing in the window, and then I checked the adapter run-time information, and I found this:

It seems that the adapter read nothing.

I am sure that the dir path and file path is correct, and there is no errors printed on the console.

So, what should I do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

There are two choices you have for solving this.

Choice 1: Set the adapter property of Stream name, opcode expected to FALSE, since it defaults to TRUE.

or

Choice 2: Change the format of your csv file's records to include the stream name and opcode, so that your csv file records look like this:

InputWindow1,i,1,a

InputWindow1,i,2,b

InputWindow1,i,3,c

You will find more information about the adapter run-time in the frameworkadapter.log file for the project. Since you are running the project in Studio's local cluster, the log file will be here:

<user's-home-dir>/SybaseESP/5.1/workspace/default.ftpcvstest.0/logs/frameworkadapter.log

Thanks,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the answer, I have solved this by using the choice 1. And also thank you for the invitation to the ESP internal community.

Best, Regards

Kevin

Answers (0)