Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee profile in MSS Add on 1.0 – removal of tabs w.r.to Country

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team

We have following requirement based on MSS Add on 1.0 in EHP6. We are using EP 7.3.

In Employee profile we have the following list of applications are available from MSS Add on 1.0.

Time and Vacation, Salary Data, Performance, Training cost,
Upcoming Training, Competency Matchup, total Compensation History, Potential,
Organizational Assignment , Archived documents, Company property, Absence days
and Task Monitoring.

http://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/e6/f7693aa78b4a14895a7fd281bdef36/content.htm?frames...

We are planning to roll out more than 15 countries. With respect to the country wise we have a restriction to show some information on
Portal. Say for example I want to show the Salary Data and Training cost only for the country a1, a2 and for all the remaining countries the tab should not be appear in Portal.  Company property should appear only for country a3 and a4 and for all the remaining countries
this should not appear.

I have already checked the WDA Admin Personalization but which makes the changes globally. I am not sure whether there is any specific
way to do the same w.r.to FPM config. If possible can you please share the way to achieve the same?

Kind Regards,

Prasath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally even if you keep remain the role and make it visible, based on ECC MSS authorizations you can control of visibility of data in Salary Data, Training Cost fields information but not the entire tabs like Salary Data, Training Cost etc

If you want make the entire tabs to hide Salary Data, Training Cost etc.

Then you have to copy the application and do enhancements as per your requirement like hiding Salary Data, Training Cost etc.

After doing this, you can create WDABAP iview and assign that application to respective country MSS role which you configured in portal content administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try this approach:

Create the multiple application configs as per the country specific requirements for Employee profile. And from the launch pad badi, based on the molga of manager change/assign the required app config.

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Reddy

Yes I agree with you, we can create multiple config in se80 and I can create another Iview in Portal w.r.to this new config. Finally I can map this Iview to my country specific MSS role as mentioned by Shankar Reddy.

I am not sure how to do this in  " launch pad badi, based on the molga" .

As per my understanding we can use this launch pad badi concept (with molga) only for ESS Services not for MSS.

Please refer my another thread in which I have raised the same question MSS with launch pad possibilities.

Regards,

Prasath

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, Launch pad and BADI HRESS_MENU is applicable only for ESS, not for MSS.

read more information on ESS dynamic menu rendering Dynamic Rendering of the Menu (BAdI HRESS_MENU) - Business Package for Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1...

This is the reason I suggested as explained in my previous reply you can achieve your requirement.

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar Reddy

Thank you very much for your reply. As you mentioned w.r.to country wise we are planning to proceed to create new Config in se80 and embed the same in the Country specific MSS role.

As per our requirement around 8 roles of MSS we are planning to create w.r.to country in Portal.

Still we are getting the question from customer like, in some cases the same manager responsible for handling more than 3 or 4 countries. In this case from portal point of view we will assign all country specific MSS role. So in this case the manager will be getting 4 MSS roles in the Portal.

So our customer asking is there any way to get only one role globally for MSS. This is just to understand if there are any real possibilities we have in the system as per our country specific requirement. If not as I mentioned we will proceed as discussed before by creating multiple roles.

Can you please share your comment on this?

Kind Regards,

Prasath

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still we are getting the question from customer like, in some cases the same manager responsible for handling more than 3 or 4 countries. In this case from portal point of view we will assign all country specific MSS role. So in this case the manager will be getting 4 MSS roles in the Portal.

How come one country manager will be having from other country employees as reports to him, since every country manager will be sitting at their country location and he will be having access to only reportees from their country.

Since all OM and PA configurations will be done according to PA and PSA based.

yes in some clients they might be having this process, In your case if manager is having reportees from different countries then you have to call the custom employee profile application dynamically based on employee selection. This is little bit complex scenario and in future maintenance also little difficult.

In other way to avoid multiple country roles assignment to one manager i.e who's responsible for more than one country, you can assign the standard role and assign the authorizations in ECC side, so based on authorizations for that manager will not display the Salary Data, Training cost details , but tabs will be visible in this case.

So our customer asking is there any way to get only one role globally for MSS. This is just to understand if there are any real possibilities we have in the system as per our country specific requirement. If not as I mentioned we will proceed as discussed before by creating multiple roles.

Here 2 scenarios you have to consider

Scenario1 : one country can have only 5 applications and other country can have 10 applications. In this scenarios you need to have multiple roles.

Scenario 2 : you can have one MSS role as globally If your having common applications at all countries level but this is not going to be the scenario in MSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For MSS, if we use feeder class CL_HRESS_LPD_MENU then we should be able to call the badi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can hide those  from MSS ADDON1.0 in portal you can make it  set to invisible from MSS  addon WDABAP role in portal....