cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is not deleted from db after a successfull archiving run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

My MM_MATNR archiving session completed successfully stating Deletion completed but the only one marked for deletion material that I included as a test in the archiving variant ( and that was not a test run ) is still there at MARA, MARC, .....  ( please refer to attached file )

The only additional info that may be relevant is that the archiving session Storage attribute displays a red light with text "Not stored" ....

How come this can happen that the material is not deleted from the database? I would appreciate any hint or additional check I can make to find out what went wrong ..

Regards, Carlos Soares

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no file attached, you can add screenshots directly to the content by clicking the camera icon above the body text.

or click the advanced editor to attach file, allowed file types are given in the section below the body text

What info did you find in the joblog to the deletion job?

How is your customizing setting for the deletion? is the deletion done before or after storing the file?

You can check the object specific settings directly from SARA customizing button after you have entered the MM_MATNR object.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

you presumably have selected the "store before deleting" option in the MM_MATNR customizing.

The order of the archiving runs must be write, store, delete. If you do not have an storage system connected to your ECC system, you cannot proceed with this customizing option.

Best Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen and Stefan,

I really appreacite your attention. You hints has helped me archive the material successfully.

Best regards, Carlos