cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of new date format in Generation Variant (CG2B)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently we have following date format in Generation Variant (CG2B).

MM/YYYY format is not there as a standard. Can we add this format in this transaction. Please guide

My client wish to have MM/YYYY format here.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Checkout this thread.

Regards,

Ritika Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritika,

Thanks for reply. I agree that what is written on your mentioned thread but in EH&S it is different. it's about label printing. Data in sales order have full DD/MM/YYYY but on label we want in format MM/YYYY

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Again its a development  , take the ABAP Help check in below way.

Gen variant is structure : RCGLPIOT and in which contains date fields : DATFM1 to DAT FM6.

ask your technical person to create one more Z structure which includes the date field as per your requirement (MM/YYYY) and  append the newly created structure in to standard structure.

Hope this way you can full fill the requirement.

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

I beli3ve the link which I provides shows the solution:

Special date format in EH&S reports

PLease read it carefully

C.B.

PS: and yes you must develop something; so Balajee is right

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

you can may be do that using a "work" around (not sure). Select "MM/DD/YYYY". In most cases the "dates" are related to either values from characteristics or are the "release" data of report. You can "format" the output in WWI. in my opinion then. That means: The wwi process wil push back "MM/DD/YYYY" value; but then by using "hiding" of characters You coukld get "MM/YYYY". In any case a customer specific report symbol or a customer based parameter symbol will do the jpb.

C.B.

PS: checkl may be: Special date format in EH&S reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am agree to some extent to option of adding logic in WWI template.

here the situation is that, all label templates are already in production and now changing all the label template is almost impssible, that is why client is looking for an option where they will choose format from CG2B so that no need to modify any template.

Do you think, it is at-least possible to add new date format in CG2B. At least I have never seen/heard this option.

Thanking You