cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong accural calculation for a specific date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whenever in IT0041 "Service Date" is maintained as 02/05/2002(5th Feb) the accrual is 6.51852.This is only for this date, month and year for all employees of seniority 11-16 years.

I have check for 2-3 dates before and after this date for which it is generating correct amount of  6.769. Base entitlement  is 176 hours for Seniority of 11-16 years. It looks like that system might be using 26.999 as the number of periods and therefore calculating the accrual amount as follows:            

176/27 = 6.51851 .

It should be 176/26 = 6.76923.  It is generating for other dates. Not generating this for 02/05/2002

Or there could be some other reason. Want to know that why only for this specific date it is doing wrong calculation in accrual?

Ran time evaluation till todays date .

Details of config: In Base Entitlement : related to period is selected as "Related to date type" is set to  "Service Date" and Lnght: 12 Months.

In Generation rule T559L: Accrual Period  is selected as "Payroll period" (Bi-weekly).

Base entitlement tab : In Key date for determining seniority: date type ="Service Date".

Accrual entitlement: No prorata calculation, reduction rule :01.

Transfer time: Payroll period.

Validity FROM Date type= Service Date  " validity  TO  date type = "Service Date" relative position 999 months. Deduction FROM "Start of validity interval"  and Deduction TO  "End of validity interval" relative position 999 months. Please advise on this.

Thanks, Saurabh

Message was edited by: Saurabh C

Message was edited by: Saurabh C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I agree with Omid that your query is not clear. Please rephrase your issue.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek and Omid for replying.

Omid: It is not correct for date 5-feb-2002 which is maintained in IT0041 and for all employees who comes under SENIORITY of 11-16 years.

Whenever the above date is mainatained then accrual is :6.51851.

For any other date it is generating 6.76923

It is wrong for all accrual when this date is maintained. The transfer time is payroll period.

Hope this clears the issue. The description is long as I have given details of all config I did in T559L.

Thanks to both of you   .Please let me know if the issue is still unclear.

Also will request to both of you to read my first post as I have tried much to explain the issue

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The issue is :

For Seniority of 11-16 years the base entitlement  quota is 176 hours. The key date for determining seniority is Service date in IT0041.

When we maintain 5th -feb-2002 in IT0041 then the accrual generating is 6.51851.

For other dates like 2nd feb ,3rd feb, 6th feb ,7th feb -2002 it is generating as required 6.76923.

Accural calculation is payroll period(Bweekly).

It looks like that system might be using 26.999 as the number of periods and therefore calculating the accrual amount as follows:

176/27 = 6.51851 .

However It should be 176/26 = 6.76923 for 5th -feb-2002 also.  Not generating this amount for 05-feb 2002.

Or there could be some other reason behind calculation?

Want to know that why only for this specific date it is doing wrong calculation in accrual?

Thanks Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Could you please reply on this.

Thanks,

Saurabh

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

In fact it's defficult to understand why you are facing such a case.

Would you please possibly send me screenshots of the issue and related customizing / data?

I need V_T559L and IT0041 and PCRs (if you know which ones are related) and output log of time evaluation.

I will consider and ask for more information if I need.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have re-written the issue again.. can you please provide some inputs?

Thank you.

Saurabh

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Saurabh, I haven't been able to find out why this could have occurred.

Regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide any inputs on above query.

Thanks,

Saurabh

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

One of the reason you have not get any reply is your explanation of issue is a bit long and not clear at least for me. I recommend clearly and shortly define the issue you are facing the add some supportive description or if it can be helpful add some screenshot to see the case.

As I understood your are generating quota based on IT0041 service date. It is not corect just for a special date or for a special EE? Is it wrong in first quota generation after hiring EE or what?

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

Could you please suugest on this ?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide inputs on this query.