cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report stuck in "Generation Possible" Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

One report (MSDS_EU) is stuck in "Generation Possible" Status.

• I have monitored the WWI server CG5Z no inconsistency found.
  • In Report management screen, clicked on "Generate" icon but getting error - Action "Generate" is not allowed for report in status GP
  • In Report management screen, clicked on "Accept" icon but getting error - Action "Accept" is not allowed for report in status GP
  • I have tried to create new report with same GV but getting error - Replacement of report is not possible

really stuck. not sure how to get rid of this 😞

Also, does anybody know which job/program turns this status to next one OR which job complete all the tasks and make report to complete/released status

any guideline please...

Thanking You,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

There may be few possibilities

1) Check CGSADM  whether generation service is active or not

2) Do you define the automatic background jobs .. if no do the below config and check again.

Job for Document Generation on WWI Server

• Environment, Health and Safety
  • Basic Data and Tools
  • Report Definition
  • Windows Word processor Integration (WWI)
  • Configuration of Generation Servers
  • Start WWI Dispatcher in Background

Set up the WWI dispatch process. The dispatcher distributes the orders you generate to the different work processes.

The standard system contains two system events that start batch processes for the dispatcher and for the work processes. Check that these system events are there using transaction SM 62:

o SAP_START_WWI_DISPATCHER (starting a WWI dispatcher)

o SAP_START_WWI_WORK PROCESS (starting an EH&S report generation WWI work process)

You can start the dispatcher in several ways:

- Option 1: You can start the job manually after each system start.

- Option 2: You can define the job so that it starts whenever the SAP system is started.

Option 1: Manual Start

a) Call the SAP system in the client for which the dispatcher is to be started  manually.

1. b) In the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Tools à ABAP Workbench à Development à ABAP Editor. The ABAP Editor: Initial Screen appears.

c) Enter RC1WWIDS in the Program field.

d) Choose Execute.

The RC1WWIDS report creates the WWI dispatch process for the corresponding client.

1. To check the job overview, choose System à Services à Jobs à Job Overview from the SAP Easy Access screen. In the or after event field, enter the value SAP_START*. Choose Confirm to check the entry for your client's WWI dispatch process. If you have already started report generation, you can also check if the dispatcher has started the corresponding WWI work processes for each generation server.

Option 2: Automatic start

a) Call the SAP system for the required client.

1. b) Choose System à Services à Jobs à Define Job from the SAP Easy Access screen.

c) Enter the job name and choose a job class.

d) Choose Start condition and in the dialog box, choose After event.

e) Enter SAP_SYSTEM_START in the event field. 16.03.2010 50

f) Activate Periodic job.

g) Choose Check and save your entries.

h) Choose Step and choose ABAP program in the dialog box that appears.

i) Enter RC1WWIDS as the ABAP program name.

j) Choose Check and save your entries.

k) Before you leave the Define Background Job screen, you must save your entries once more.

Result: The job is started whenever the SAP system is started.The described WWI Work process [RC1WWIWP] is created automatically by the SAP system. A manual creation of the WWI Work process is therefore not necessary.

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

Thanks for quick response.

This issue occurred in Production where till yesterday everything was working fine. This is not a new EH&S implementation so all above mentioned jobs are already configured.

I have monitored the WWI server and it is up and running...

which jobs i should run again in order to move it ahead?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

Check the Events log from SM62 whether events are generating or not for SAP_START_WWI_DISPATCHER . even if you implement background jobs some time they may stop due to system inconsistency.  if Generation service is active , i  strongly believe issue is with background jobs.

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi

your topic is discussed rarely here as well. I am sorry: I was not able to find the corresponding threads by hazard. I have had not the need to take care regarding this issues in the last years; i can only remember that this "Status" is a "nightmare"; And Balajee is right; this Status comes up in most cases because of SAP <=> WWI issues. And I am not sure if you can "regenerate" the report; may be now the SAP <=> WWI process is "better";

C.B.

PS: this status is a "deadlock" situation; The same is true if you have etc. "System error"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi reddy,

Check CG5Z periodically as it may result in error.

First check if job is running in EHS first.

Run the program RC1WWIDP and see the results. Hopefully it should work.

Regards

Dhinesh

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue now and do not know where to fix this .

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi ,

Were you able to get some solution for this . I hope you should have .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Are you able to generate Ad-hoc reports?

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

what do you mean by ad hoc reports ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the reports which you generate in specification workbench directly using 'Report from template' option. Generation server is not involved in this process.